strdmn aka Wally Kimberlin in Akron Ohio is a liar and scam

Old 05-24-2010, 03:53 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default strdmn aka Wally Kimberlin in Akron Ohio is a liar and scam

ad # 1885111 is the truck I traded for and Just got done deleting my trade ads because I didnt want to the next guy being lied too as well....

He drove from Akron Ohio with his truck and I didnt look it over the best because I didnt think someone would drive that far and lie about what they had.
I didnt have my motor guy here because Wally talked about how honest he was and far he was traveling and would never scam someone. (Shame on me I know)

Well I take the truck to my engine guy to have him go through everything to see what is exactly is in the engine and as soon as we pop the hood and he looks at the engine he told me someone got me. And pointed to the freeze plugs and the balancer and told me I had a 350 and not a 406. We pulled the tall valve covers looked at the back of the block to find it is a 3970010 block.....

I confronted Wally and his response was "as i told you in the begginning i didn't build the truck ,that is what was told to me. i never checked the truck because i had no need to it ran fine for a mild 406 so i had no reason to dought what the man told me.who knows the story might have started there in Va. as the truck came from just north of you."

Yes he did tell me he traded for the truck and he also made it clear that he went over the truck and it was a well built truck with a fresh 406. He also told me how many engines he had built (over 40) and how nice this one was.

If he built as many as he said he would have looked at the motor just as my engine builder did and know what it was....

He is a liar and a scammer. Watch your dealings with him
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

I sent Wally a message and told him about the thread. I have dealt with him in the past and found him to be honest. With that said I know nothing about this deal and hope it was just a missunderstanding. Hopefully Wally will post up his side and we can go from there.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

i understand what you are saying. but there isnt much he can really say as to his side of it. he advertised the truck with a 406 and by the date coding on the engine and the casting number its a 350 that was produced july 17 1976....wish there was a way i could be wrong but my engine guy gave me websites to go to to verify things for myself and I have pictures of the casting number and date code from the block.... again i know, shame on me for not doing my homework and looking the truck over better....

When he had a blowout on the way here and then got here 5 hours late and still had to get back to Ohio, I kinda did a once over and showed him my cars and then helpd load them so he could get out quick and head back...
Old 05-24-2010, 10:17 AM
strdmn
SHOW GUEST

Default strdmn

not sure how i am a liar.i told tony in the beginning i did not build the truck.i was relaying what was told to me in previous owners ad #1837469 as we all know trading on RJ we have to rely on previous owners description .if we didn't build the vehiclei paid a guy to make the 900+ mile round trip which tony did kick in a couple hundred bucks on expenses.i delivered to him a good daily driver pro street truck.which in return i got 2 cars that we are still working on.i didn't email him complaining or start a thread on his lack of disclosing needed repairs.i figured i made my deal i'm a big boy handle it.i have had many trades on RJ and have had to do something to most of them.i have never before had any problems with people i have dealt with on here.even though tony says the engine turned out to be a 350.i still think he got the better end of the deal.i didn't get all of the parts that went with the cars and i guess i'll never see them now,just some nitrous jets so it'sd not a big deal.i have done a lot of trades on RJ and am happy to say this is the first complaint.i won't revert to name calling or bashing someone in a thread tony seemed like a stand up guy even helped to find a tired when my hauler blew a tire as far as being in a hurry yes we were,but we unloaded the pu thinking tony would at least drive it -he told my driver to pull it up in his yard.so i had to figure he was happy with the looks and sound of the truck.and as i told him the truck ran great and was not a race truck but would light the rear tires if coaxed.i had no reason not to beleive the man i got the truck from.and if anyone happened to see the ad tony posted for the truck he wrote in his ad what a well thought out build the truck is.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

i highly doubt you had to make any repairs to EITHER vehicle dude... you got everything I promised AND MORE in those cars.... dont make it sound like I owe you a bunch of stuff. there are 3 sets of nitrous jets and papers for the build of the monte carlo......

Fact of the matter is you knew it wasnt a 406 in the truck.... there isnt one thing not accurate on the cars you got from me.... but the one i got from you is definately missing a fresh, mild 406......

Big differance there.....

But you did guess one thing right. you wont see the the nitrous jets.... i wouldnt waste the postage money sending you anything...

Happy trading fella
Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

using your philosophy its ok for me to re-post my ads stating its a 406, because im going by what the previous seller stated. right? Yea whatever fella....

when you found out it wasnt a 406 you should have deleted your ad like i did....
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Not taking sides because the ad was obviously mis-stated. but i will say one thing, what you have is a 3970010 /350 blk. which is a Hi-Nickel blk, the best blk that GM ever cast and probably a 4 bolt main blk. It's worth (2) 400 blks to most anyone building a 350/383" motor due too the tougher blk and the thicker cylinder walls and will run cooler than any 406" engine ever will. I just finished a 383" for a customer with a 3970010 blk last week, which will produce around 575 HP and live running alcohol injection.

JMO

Zip.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Not taking sides because the ad was obviously mis-stated. but i will say one thing, what you have is a 3970010 /350 blk. which is a Hi-Nickel blk, the best blk that GM ever cast and probably a 4 bolt main blk. It's worth (2) 400 blks to most anyone building a 350/383" motor due too the tougher blk and the thicker cylinder walls and will run cooler than any 406" engine ever will. I just finished a 383" for a customer with a 3970010 blk last week, which will produce around 575 HP and live running alcohol injection.

JMO

Zip.

I know what you mean as far as reliability ect. and yes it could be made to a nasty built motor. but its not what I was told I was getting... and I want prepared to take additional money to build the motor I thought I was getting..
The point is the truck was misrepresented and I would'nt have gave up 2 turn key, track ready cars for a mild 350 powered c10.....
Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: strdmn

Originally Posted by strdmn
not sure how i am a liar.i told tony in the beginning i did not build the truck.i was relaying what was told to me in previous owners ad #1837469 as we all know trading on RJ we have to rely on previous owners description .if we didn't build the vehiclei paid a guy to make the 900+ mile round trip which tony did kick in a couple hundred bucks on expenses.i delivered to him a good daily driver pro street truck.which in return i got 2 cars that we are still working on.i didn't email him complaining or start a thread on his lack of disclosing needed repairs.i figured i made my deal i'm a big boy handle it.i have had many trades on RJ and have had to do something to most of them.i have never before had any problems with people i have dealt with on here.even though tony says the engine turned out to be a 350.i still think he got the better end of the deal.i didn't get all of the parts that went with the cars and i guess i'll never see them now,just some nitrous jets so it'sd not a big deal.i have done a lot of trades on RJ and am happy to say this is the first complaint.i won't revert to name calling or bashing someone in a thread tony seemed like a stand up guy even helped to find a tired when my hauler blew a tire as far as being in a hurry yes we were,but we unloaded the pu thinking tony would at least drive it -he told my driver to pull it up in his yard.so i had to figure he was happy with the looks and sound of the truck.and as i told him the truck ran great and was not a race truck but would light the rear tires if coaxed.i had no reason not to beleive the man i got the truck from.and if anyone happened to see the ad tony posted for the truck he wrote in his ad what a well thought out build the truck is.

Question:

Does it have a 406 engine?

Answer:

You relayed what was told to you and posted in your ad that it was a 406 ci engine.

End result:

Misrepresentation.

Legal definition:

Misrepresentation refers to a statement made by a party to a contract that induces another to enter into a contract, which can be interpreted, as false or untrue. The misrepresentation must be both false and fraudulent, in order to make the party making it liable for damages.

Restatement (Second) of Torts § 552 defines a negligent misrepresentation as:

"One who, in the course of his business, profession or employment, or in any transaction in which he has a pecuniary interest, supplies false information for the guidance of others in their business transactions, is subject to liability for pecuniary loss caused to them by their justifiable reliance upon the information, if he fails to exercise reasonable care or competence in obtaining or communicating the information.

Bottom Line:

In court you lose and are likely responsible for damages.

Scorp
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

aaaahhhh, nice to have ya back Scorp!!

I say misrepresentation is the name of the game here. anything I trade for I ALWAYS check the casting numbers on the block just so I know. The "thats what I was told" BS does not work in court so I would say either give the man his money back or fork over some cash to make up the difference. It doesnt matter if you think he still got a good deal or not! :twisted:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -