SLOANS RACING TRANS. DO NOT BUY !!!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 PM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

Default tranny problems

You didn't say what kind of tranny keeps breaking.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default While i am here I figured I would ask this as well.

Just curious Rosameelpito, you were here pretty regular posting on Mark Huelscamp, so you know the value of the forum.

Why didnt you post to see if anyone had any info on Sloan's transmissions before you sent major coin their way-Especially after getting burned as you claimed on your other deal.

Might be moot but it has me curious.

Scorp
Old 07-02-2009, 04:00 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree ''scorp'' why didn't you check first :?: One must wonder :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/163312
Old 07-02-2009, 05:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

He may have did some research ..

as I did and came up with just the opposite luck he is having so he'd of been darned if he did .. darned if he didnt either way :shock:
http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...ighlight=sloan
Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm not taking sides but i think the first mistake made was having Abruzzi send the trans back to Sloan instead of sending it back to Sloan himself.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 PM
rosameelpito
JUNIOR BUILDER

i called sloans before i bought trans, i talked to other members on racingjunk before i bought trans , i researched internet on their transmissions and i guess there are 6 and 7 second guys using their transmissions ....and then i bought trans ,,i did all the research a person can make ....the only thing i did not do is post a question on the forum about sloans ,,, at this point all i can do it tell my experience with sloans trans. -- it doesnt matter if i sent trans to abruzzi at firs [ my mistake ] i had it shipped to sloans after that ,,, so it doesnt matter if i would have sent it australia ,,and it finaly made it to sloans ,,the fact is that they did nothing to fix the problem --twice
Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 PM
rosameelpito
JUNIOR BUILDER

also i went to their website , and looked at their parts , experience, etc. i bought what was suppose to be a good trans from a reputable business, i did not buy a trans from a scammer , like you know who ... but for something positive ,,i finaly found a shop here in albuquerque new mexico that will do ,,,motors, trans, chassis, etc. they are racers and their prices are fair ....so from 6 monts ago , i have only been doing business with them ,,and jegs.com this guys in albuquerque are good and honest ,,they have a 57 chevy that just went 6.57 at 219 mph in the quater mile ,,so they do know what they are doing [ i saw that pass] i dont have to do business with scammers anymore ......thanks everybody for all the info. and comments
Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Sloans

Glad to hear you finally found a shop you feel comfortable doing business with. Safe racing to you.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:34 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

FYI. Several of my friends are running Alan Pope transmissions. He's building PG's that are holding up to blower motors making 2,500+ hp.
I have a BTE, but will be sending mine to Alan to freshen it up this winter.
Check out his web site and you'll see the yellow S10 called After Hours 1300+ hp, The red Jeep, called Possessed 1300hp+. Both of these trucks are National points champs and both running his transmissions along with many other mud racers.
http://www.alanpoperacing.com/gallery.html