anyone heard of any problems with the new merlin x bbc alum

Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 AM
badbug3
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default anyone heard of any problems with the new merlin x bbc alum

any negative issues known with anyone about the new merlin x aluminum bbc blocks?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Topsportsman 1 here has one he will probably sell if you ask him.

Ed
Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

I was looking at getting one a couple of years ago, but they apparently were having problems with them, and would not release any, they needed more testing, so I waited, and waited, and waited,,, I gave up and bought a brodix, dart is also good , still don`t know anyone who has one... maybe a reason for that.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:48 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Sort of like the 16 degree, conventional style, Merlin X BBC aluminumn heads. I waited and waited and waited, 9 months, called every week. Never got them. Finaly called and said forget it. I still see the advertised, in the latest Summit and Comp Products book, and, I call, Comp Prod. says they can order them, and Summit says, there computer says, they no longer exist. I said, they never did exist.

Anyone know if they came out with any? I am sure the Dart 18 degree, conventional head is better, but, for the reasonable cost of the Merlin X's, I was going to play around with them. If they did come out.

As for the block, I would just spend the extra dough, and get the Dart, or Brodix block.

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com