BEWAREOF {rlabour} selling A 1970 GREEN CHEVELLE SS 396

Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

See I dont see why he couldnt ask to borrow someones truck either. Would have saved him alot of money cuz all he would of had to do prolly was pay for gas.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I'm confused :? :? :?

What would compell anyone to go buy a truck other than they wanted one...???

That was an unexpected hit into right field.

Sounds like he had to come up with a good excuse to buy the truck so the ol lady wouldn't give him a rash of crap for spending the milk money when she's expecting a BOOB JOB.

Let me see "A NEW TRUCK" or A NEW SET OF BOOBS" Thats a tough one....

Boy oh boy the things people will do to make you believe its the truth.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:34 AM
rlabour
SHOW GUEST

Default Response

First, I would like to say that I will respond once and once only, I don't think this needs to be an ongoing e-mail string, we are all adults. No one was scammed, he's just upset I didn't want to deal!

I was contacted by this gentleman in regards to trading my Chevelle, we did talk and I stated I would consider a trade, however the distance between us was the issue. I in no way ever verbally comitted to follow through, merely discussed with him several options on how we may proceed should we. He did state that he was going to buy a truck, however I encouraged him not to and to consider shipping the cars due to cost. Lets face it, I didn't want to drive that distance either.

Secondly, I think everyone on here will agree, we are talking about a total transaction of over $60k here, even a person with zero common sense would not act on anything until there were some monetary transaction or contract in place to secure the deal and protect themselves.

Thirdly, I did have some family issues, it's personal and needs no further comment. I have been a member here and on e-bay selling and buying for many years. Check my status and you will see nothing but 100% So here is the deal. My car is listed for approx 35K, to show I am not a scammer and stand up guy, I will sell the car flat out to you for $22K do the math, this is one hell of a deal. I don't thnk you bought a truck, you are just pissed off! Everone here can vouch now this is a vervbal contract. If you don't want it then that's fine to, I will hold this offer for 72 hours, after that it goes back up for sale. I am truly sorry if there was any confusion, but again I never gave you my word this would happen, and wouldn't have without some kind of monetary advance payment in good faith! I harbor no hard feelings for the slam and wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors! Life is too short!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by JRNYMNDAVID
Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Kind of sounds like you put the horse before the cart.

Nobody made you go and buy a truck and/or trailer to tow this car back.

You could have just as easily rented one the day you were to meet, and at most been out of the rental cost and your time.

You may as well add the cost in for a new keyboard, as it appears yours is damaged.
THAT'S "CART" BEFORE THE "HORSE!!"

Thank you for your understanding.No rental company rents with the purpose of towing,unless you go Uhaul + trailer @ a cost of$.99 per mile.
Cost would have been $900.00. The truck was 07 w/15K miles @ $214.00 per month.You do the math.
Besides I was asking for any $$$..just venting.

Thanks again
No rental company rents with the purpose of towing,unless you go Uhaul + trailer @ a cost of$.99 per mile.
Cost would have been $900.00. The truck was 07 w/15K miles @ $214.00 per month.You do the math.

I love posts that contain absolutes. For your FYI- if you really look you can find a per day rental on a pickup that will be used for towing. I purchased a '69 Z/28 in Ohio and traveled from Maryland- Rented the truck from a local rental place with a daily rate-disclosed that I would be towing. There was no problem at all.

Got to Ohio, picked up the trailer at the U-haul for a one way haul. Picked up and loaded the camaro, trailered it home and dropped the trailer at the U-haul and the truck at the rental place.

Long story short is that you wanted the pickup, and as the rest of the poster's said- $900 cost for transport is fair less than $10K and is not unrealistic for auto transport.

Go ahead and benchmark if you really care and start with DAS who will provide an easy quote.

Scorp
Old 08-10-2009, 07:40 AM
JRNYMNDAVID
APPRENTICE

Default WHAT A LOAD!!!

Originally Posted by ashbros
I'm confused :? :? :?

What would compell anyone to go buy a truck other than they wanted one...???

That was an unexpected hit into right field.

Sounds like he had to come up with a good excuse to buy the truck so the ol lady wouldn't give him a rash of crap for spending the milk money when she's expecting a BOOB JOB.

Let me see "A NEW TRUCK" or A NEW SET OF BOOBS" Thats a tough one....

Boy oh boy the things people will do to make you believe its the truth.
I COULDN'T BORROW OR RENT.BUYING WAS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN.I COULD ALWAYS RESELL LATER.[CAP LOC]
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 AM
JRNYMNDAVID
APPRENTICE

Default NOT TRUE HERE!

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110

You could have just as easily rented one the day you were to meet, and at most been out of the rental cost and your time.

You may as well add the cost in for a new keyboard, as it appears yours is damaged.

Thank you for your understanding.No rental company rents with the purpose of towing,unless you go Uhaul + trailer @ a cost of$.99 per mile.

Thanks again
No rental company rents with the purpose of towing,unless you go Uhaul + trailer @ a cost of$.99 per mile.

I love posts that contain absolutes. For your FYI- if you really look you can find a per day rental on a pickup that will be used for towing. I purchased a '69 Z/28 in Ohio and traveled from Maryland- Rented the truck from a local rental place with a daily rate-disclosed that I would be towing. There was no problem at all.

Got to Ohio, picked up the trailer at the U-haul for a one way haul. Picked up and loaded the camaro, trailered it home and dropped the trailer at the U-haul and the truck at the rental place.

Long story short is that you wanted the pickup, and as the rest of the poster's said- $900 cost for transport is fair less than $10K and is not unrealistic for auto transport.

Go ahead and benchmark if you really care and start with DAS who will provide an easy quote.

Scorp
We don't have those option here in PODUNK Iowa.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 AM
JRNYMNDAVID
APPRENTICE

Default Re: Response

Originally Posted by rlabour
First, I would like to say that I will respond once and once only, I don't think this needs to be an ongoing e-mail string, we are all adults. No one was scammed, he's just upset I didn't want to deal!

I was contacted by this gentleman in regards to trading my Chevelle, we did talk and I stated I would consider a trade, however the distance between us was the issue. I in no way ever verbally comitted to follow through, merely discussed with him several options on how we may proceed should we. He did state that he was going to buy a truck, however I encouraged him not to and to consider shipping the cars due to cost. Lets face it, I didn't want to drive that distance either.

Secondly, I think everyone on here will agree, we are talking about a total transaction of over $60k here, even a person with zero common sense would not act on anything until there were some monetary transaction or contract in place to secure the deal and protect themselves.

Thirdly, I did have some family issues, it's personal and needs no further comment. I have been a member here and on e-bay selling and buying for many years. Check my status and you will see nothing but 100% So here is the deal. My car is listed for approx 35K, to show I am not a scammer and stand up guy, I will sell the car flat out to you for $22K do the math, this is one hell of a deal. I don't thnk you bought a truck, you are just pissed off! Everone here can vouch now this is a vervbal contract. If you don't want it then that's fine to, I will hold this offer for 72 hours, after that it goes back up for sale. I am truly sorry if there was any confusion, but again I never gave you my word this would happen, and wouldn't have without some kind of monetary advance payment in good faith! I harbor no hard feelings for the slam and wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors! Life is too short!
You are good with words,but,that doesn't excuse the facts.
You are"not" a scammer,just unethical!
I would have accepted the truth,but,leaving a buyer hanging after an agreement,be it verbal,or,written,is wrong!I trusted you by mistake.
YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT .
Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: NOT TRUE HERE!

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110

Thanks again

Scorp
We don't have those option here in PODUNK Iowa.
Funny, I would have thought Cedar Rapids was a larger city than Frederick Maryland-

But again when you speak in "absolutes" it means you checked every possibility and are in effect guaranteeing that you are correct.

So point of fact - You cannot rent a truck to tow in anywhere in Cedar Rapids for a daily rate and if you want that - Buy a truck.

Note made and time to move on.

Scorp
Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I've been to Cedar Rapids, it's bigger than Oskaloosa, and just for the record, I'da sprung for the boob job.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:14 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

x2 on the boob job. They are MUCH funner than buying a truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -