Scammer Alert

Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

He thinks I want to get my money back and keep the carburetors. I've already told him the only reason I'm keeping the carburetors right now is for evidence. They won't do a racer any good. Actually, I guess you could use them on a display engine. Too bad I don't have any of those... All my motors are in my race car and car hauler waiting to be run.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstreet2055
He thinks I want to get my money back and keep the carburetors. I've already told him the only reason I'm keeping the carburetors right now is for evidence. They won't do a racer any good. Actually, I guess you could use them on a display engine. Too bad I don't have any of those... All my motors are in my race car and car hauler waiting to be run.
Send them to him COD.

Invesntory the box, take pictures and get a notarized statement from a witness attesting to what was placed in the box and sealed. Get the witness to accompany you to UPS- then ship COD.

He has carbs, you have cash and there is a witness to keep everything straight.

Tell him that you will pay the $100 restocking fee if he pays your $100 handling and shipping expense.

Scorp
Old 07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Or better yet- offer to send them to detective Jason Brown- the investigating officer the last time he was accused of scamming. Tell him you will ask detective Brown to bring them to him and pick up your cash.

I am sure he will be ok with that since they are acquainted.

Scorp
Old 07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Scorp, you have some great suggestions. I just finished an email to Sleeth with the options. I wonder if he'll accept? I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
pharaohwolf
SHOW GUEST

Default Hey Superstreet2055

Send him a box full of dogS#it and tell him after he recieves and opens it up that he should be able to get as much use out of that as you did with the carbs he sent you. :shock: :twisted:
Old 08-02-2009, 11:44 AM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Hey Superstreet2055

Originally Posted by pharaohwolf
Send him a box full of dogS#it and tell him after he recieves and opens it up that he should be able to get as much use out of that as you did with the carbs he sent you. :shock: :twisted:
Tempting as your suggestion is, it probably wouldn't do my case with the police against them any good.

I did make the COD offer suggested by Scorp and I thought it might promped some kind of response from the Sleeths, especially since he'd offered to refund 75% of my money (less all shipping costs of course, in the name of a "restocking" fee) but it seems I've called his bluff. Haven't had a single word from him since I sent the offer.

I guess that tells me what kind of intentions of refunding my money after receiving the carbs was.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Hey Superstreet2055

Originally Posted by superstreet2055
Originally Posted by pharaohwolf
Tempting as your suggestion is, it probably wouldn't do my case with the police against them any good.

I did make the COD offer suggested by Scorp and I thought it might promped some kind of response from the Sleeths, especially since he'd offered to refund 75% of my money (less all shipping costs of course, in the name of a "restocking" fee) but it seems I've called his bluff. Haven't had a single word from him since I sent the offer.

I guess that tells me what kind of intentions of refunding my money after receiving the carbs was.
Tell him COD or that you will notify Detective Brown - Nothing like prosecuting a guy, hearing all the whining about how he is a changed man and then he goes and does it again.

You also need to check the online court records to see if he got probabtion in leiu of jail time- if so then what he did to you could be a probation violation and land him in court and perhaps jail.

Check the online court records in Decatur and his province- Armed with that knowledge tell him simply- You will refund my money, no handling charge. I will return your junk- If you dont you will notify the court of your probation violation.

I am telling you- you are only a few inches from him peeing in his pants and returning your money- you need more info and then you need to press him.

Scorp
Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

I'll see if I can track down any records. Not sure where to start, but one thing should lead to another. Appreciate the thoughts.

It's funny (curious, not ha ha), I've been buying and selling parts via the internet for over a decade and this is the first really negative experience I've had.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

State records

http://www.courtreference.com/Illinois-Courts.htm

People finder

http://www.intelius.com/search-summa...ab4ab9757b640b

Go to Line 7 michael and Alice and some other family members- Go get them!

Name Age P revious Cities DOB P hone Address Avg. Income Avg. Home Value Relatives

1 Michael R Sleeth

View Details
54 Bridgeport, WV (2)
Stonewood, WV (1) Richard Michael Sleeth
R M Sleeth
Jason Sleeth
Debra L Sleeth
Debby L Sleeth
Mike Sleeth

2 Michael W Sleeth

View Details
56 Ozark, MO (1)
Willard, MO (2)
Springfield, MO (3) Rebecca J Sleeth
Walter Michael Sleeth
Mike W Sleeth
Susan A Sleeth
Anthony M Sleeth
Marie T Sleeth
Tony Sleeth
Harold Sleeth
Matt A Sleeth

3 Michael Robert Sleeth

View Details
43 Albuquerque, NM (2)
New Braunfels, TX (2)
Darien, IL (1)
Rio Rancho, NM (2) Karla K Sleeth
Pamela J Sleeth
Frances A Sleeth
Fran A Sleeth
Janie M Sleeth
Robert G Sleeth
Kelli Sleeth
James Gary Sleeth
Kathleen S Sleeth

4 Michael J Sleeth

View Details
47 Des Moines, IA (7)
Toledo, OH (1) Teresa L Sleeth
Mike J Sleeth
Justin Michael Sleeth
Paul W Sleeth
Cory Sleeth
Brigitte A Sleeth
Gilbert Z Sleeth
Monika Barbara Sleeth

5 Michael Sleeth

View Details
42 Jackson, MO (1)
Carlyle, IL (1)
Belleville, IL (1)
Hoffman, IL (3) Renae L Sleeth
Richard Michael Sleeth
Mike R Sleeth
R M Sleeth

6 Michael Joel Sleeth

View Details
60 Belton, TX (3) Patricia Lynn Sleeth
Mike E Sleeth
Heather Lynn Sleeth
Matthew Brian Sleeth

7 Michael P Sleeth

View Details
60 Oreana, IL (2)
Decatur, IL (3)
Clinton, IL (1) Alice R Sleeth
Cynthia R Sleeth
Gregory C Sleeth
A Sleeth

Drag the whole family into this- I am going to tell you, you need to do this- Read my scammer post sticky'ed above on the forum.

It wasnt until I spoke to my Scammers dad and little brother that he started to cave.

Scorp
Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

superstreet,
If you can get him to commit to a "decent" refund, tell him you will have someone bring him the carbs in person. If you were interested you could ship them to me and I would gladly go to this guys door to get your refund and mail it to you. Something to think about and I am a small guy but I do have some really big and scary looking biker buddies that would easily ride along with me. I live about 45 minutes from Decatur so its no big deal for me to drive down and back. If you are interested just PM me and I will help any way I can.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -