Dumb Question...

Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I haven't seen issues with the advance timing light with the 6al's and 7al2's, if you're running a low side chip in the 2 step you may have to remove it, if it's close to the 3,000 rpm range.I do think there could be issues with the new digital boxes. I have never used the newer boxes so i have no experience in that area.
David brings up a good point with the battery powered timing light, you wouldn't have feed back to the electrical system with those. Most of the racing balancers are marked 360 degrees so a conventional light works fine in most cases.

Doen't MSD, sell an advance timing light, don't know just asking?

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I think the Craftsman was going to be the first I was going to look at... but based on the feed back here I may look at many. The dail back sounds nice, I have to admit.

Suicide: No point intended between livley & I... it's all fun... I know abosolutley nothing about yoga. I will say I have jumped out of an airplane w/ a choote & it was the biggest rush ever.... (adrenalin junkie) anyways, I could probably calm down some from Yoga... (I not wearing those pants though). Ha ha
Old 07-30-2008, 02:03 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-31-2008, 02:47 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
I think the Craftsman was going to be the first I was going to look at... but based on the feed back here I may look at many. The dail back sounds nice, I have to admit.

Suicide: No point intended between livley & I... it's all fun... I know abosolutley nothing about yoga. I will say I have jumped out of an airplane w/ a choote & it was the biggest rush ever.... (adrenalin junkie) anyways, I could probably calm down some from Yoga... (I not wearing those pants though). Ha ha
Hey Man, no problem... I was just hackin on ya, sure it's fun. BTW I aint wearin them pants either. I've made a few static line jumps myself, you're right about the adrenalin rush... there is something just wrong, jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. :lol:
Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Suicide: Cool!! I must do it again... only been once. That last few seconds standing on nothing less than a landging gear wheel looking down... 10,000ft up, then I was promtly shoved out!! I had to go tandem... I pulled that rip cord out & lost it in the air... (cost me 25.00 more) Whatta RUSH!!! Anyways, Yoga does not compair... LOL! It was like doing my first 4-wheel uncontrolled drift on the h-iway in the dark while it was raining... but even more fun.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I've heard those battery powered timing lights can and will shock the piss outta ya, like a plug wire shock. I was thinking of getting one for myself but I'm not so sure now, any truth to this?

And yeah I've never figured out why people want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane>
Cp
Old 08-01-2008, 02:33 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
I've heard those battery powered timing lights can and will shock the piss outta ya, like a plug wire shock. I was thinking of getting one for myself but I'm not so sure now, any truth to this?

And yeah I've never figured out why people want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane>
Cp
I've used a few different ones and love them. never heard of anyone having issues with them.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Charles, I've used them quite a bit, never had one shock me. I aint sayin it can't happen though, a good shock from a magneto, or a powerful ign. can go a long ways toward gettin your mind right too! Better'n Yoga! :shock:
Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I 2nd that shocking revelation!! I personally enjoy a good zap from your basic 110 household inlet too... but there is nothing like getting the piss shocked out of me for doing a manual adjustment on a dist while at 1200RPM... hince the whole discussion that ultimatelystarted this thread. A modern timing light & good connections/quality wires (I bought the Taylors this time) should make things a little better. I never claimed that I was most knowledgable about race motors when I cam on here, but you guys are helping me a bunch!!