Wondering If I'm Being Scam'd

Old 02-26-2015, 03:31 AM
wangdang
SHOW GUEST

Default Wondering If I'm Being Scam'd

Guy sends Me a Check for More then the amount I ask for Then Tells me to contact a Shipper That he sends me an Address Too....But I tried To call His Phone # say's its a Tex number only which I have never Heard of... so He Only Tex'd me... I tell him to call meas I have never had anyone not call me when I've sold a part..Then I ask him what he Building No Reply....any thought's On This here his his number 702-536-7536 if anyone has info about this number pls let me know Thanks!!! or If He Legit would help also..
Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 AM
wangdang
SHOW GUEST

This Guy is a SCAMER pls watch out for this guy My Bank just called me and told me the chk was sent back...here is his shipper Address 2550 Ventura Ave Santa Rosa Ca 95403 along with His Number again 702-536-7536...Sellers Beware....
Old 02-27-2015, 06:05 AM
deucehibo
APPRENTICE

This a and others like are a scam...one idiot tried the same one on me TWICE several months apart...He wanted my item but was at sea...was going to send check and his agent would than pickup item...I told him fine just have your AGENT bring cash never heard from him again....His English is getting better than the first time though!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:32 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Anytime you answer to their email, they are getting info on you from your email they can use against you or sell your info. Don't even answer, just delete and forget about it. It is a computer program that searches out ads to try and get responses to their email. I never answer a gmail address unless it has a direct, correct description of exactly what I have advertised.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:40 PM
tnixon
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by wangdang View Post
Guy sends Me a Check for More then the amount I ask for Then Tells me to contact a Shipper That he sends me an Address Too....But I tried To call His Phone # say's its a Tex number only which I have never Heard of... so He Only Tex'd me... I tell him to call meas I have never had anyone not call me when I've sold a part..Then I ask him what he Building No Reply....any thought's On This here his his number 702-536-7536 if anyone has info about this number pls let me know Thanks!!! or If He Legit would help also..
I just got one from the same number said his name was micheal runner from pahrump nevada said he would send a us bank check and then he would arrange shipping after I had cash in hand is he a scammer or legit
Old 02-28-2015, 05:05 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

If he is willing to send money without calling and talking in person, seeing it in person, or asking questions that make sense and has to use a shipper, that is at least 3 red flags. He wants your email, personal information, banking info, and maybe to have you send EXTRA money he is willing to send you, that he does not know, to pay his shipper. Go ahead, roll over for him.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:07 PM
adillm
SHOW GUEST

This guys is using the old Nigerian scam. He will send a fake bank check for more than the amount and ask you to send the shipping fees to his shipper. He just tried that with me last night. I experienced this in 2003 with a race car I had for sale. They offer to send a check more than twice your asking price, expect you to deposit it and send money to the shipper right away. I called the bank about both checks that idiot sent me and they were fakes. I called the FBI and they explained the scam. They said most of these are traced back to Nigeria, but they will not allow us to go after them. They are NOT a friendly gov't toward us.
This guy, who calls himself Michael, was texting me like crazy yesterday. Always check before you respond. It is really simple, go to Google.com, type in the word scam and the phone number. They usually pop up on the first page. This guy was there. He will be changing his number soon.
Also, did you know that on a smart phone you can go into the settings and change the number that appears on the receiver's caller id? You can, and that is what they do. To find out, respond to their text, it goes back to their number. Now type the number into a NEW text message. Either you will get an error, or annoy the hell out of somebody. Michael's number is Las Vegas area code, but no reverse lookups can find it.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:55 PM
wangdang
SHOW GUEST

This Guy Is a scamer
Old 03-15-2015, 04:31 AM
tnixon
SHOW GUEST

Just got a text from this number 715-201-6176 this has changed his number it's coming out if Shawano WI now his old number was 702-536-7536 out of Nevada he asked the same questions in his texts as before so beware of this guy