Gas or Electric Golf cart?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:00 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Gas also i have had them both and something else when those relays go bad they are not cheap either .

I have a 05 EZ car gas now and will never go back to electric again.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:36 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

We're putting together an electric that had been given to us. Batteries are going to be $700 plus a complete rewire, and 4 tires. ops: ops: ops:
If I were to 'purchase' a cart it'd be gas for all the above mentioned positive reasons. ZERO maintenance compared to electric.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:25 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I take my charger with me and charge the cart while charging car, no worries :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

My 28 ft. Hallmark, has cabinets on both sides in the front, like about 4" being able to put a cart in it. So i traded for a 250 Honda Recon, with racks front and basket back. Best choice i ever made, i can put extra fuel, battery jumper, air tank in the basket and it will pull a 3,000 lb car no sweat. I'm seeing more ATV's at the track for this use than golf carts lately, too me it's a better choice.
But as far a carts go the gas is much more dependable than electric.

JMO

Zip.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

GAS!!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
My 28 ft. Hallmark, has cabinets on both sides in the front, like about 4" being able to put a cart in it. So i traded for a 250 Honda Recon, with racks front and basket back. Best choice i ever made, i can put extra fuel, battery jumper, air tank in the basket and it will pull a 3,000 lb car no sweat. I'm seeing more ATV's at the track for this use than golf carts lately, too me it's a better choice.

JMO

Zip.
I have a Recon 250es but the wife says it's hers. For the price of a 4 wheeler I can get a good used golf cart. Most used atv's around here are pretty beat up. I can have passengers ride safely with me on the cart.

Here she is At St. Joe State Park
Old 11-28-2009, 03:21 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion

JMO

Zip.
I have a Recon 250es but the wife says it's hers. For the price of a 4 wheeler I can get a good used golf cart. Most used atv's around here are pretty beat up. I can have passengers ride safely with me on the cart.

Here she is At St. Joe State Park
I got LUCKY on the trade, I bought an old Monza 1/2 chassis car that was beat up and illegal, i wouldn't drive it around the yard, let alone down the race track, i took all the parts off of it that i wanted, and traded for a 1 yr. old recon, that still had the tets on the tires. I don't have young'ins so it's mostly adults in my pit.

Zip.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I got LUCKY on the trade, I bought an old Monza 1/2 chassis car that was beat up and illegal, i wouldn't drive it around the yard, let alone down the race track, Zip.
Sounds like some of the cars I've seen around here....rubber fuel line through the drivers compartment etc