RACING JUNK going down the tubes!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:11 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I used to search ads daily just to look and see, now I am lucky to do it 1-2 times a week. I want to rule out ALL dealers when searching. I've had slim to no luck selling on RJ, put the stuff on craigslist or ebay and it sells fast (ebay normally a lot more then I was asking for on rj)

Most people I know stopped looking here totally.

Cuda- I tried to look up your ad's you should look into making a racespace if you plan on selling, I wont buy from anyone without one. Just a thought . and welcome to the forum
Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

PJ,
You going to respond to this? Help us out man, your killing us smalltime guys here :!:
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
jayss10
CRAFTSMAN

MY DAD HAS BEEN A MEMBER FOR YEARS , WHEN HE WOULD GO ON VACATION HE WOULD TRY TO GET A JOB HAULING A CAR TO HELP PAY FOR IT,WELL HE LISTED HE WOULD PULL A CAR OR TRUCK OR SOMETHING IN HIS TRAILER ,BOTH HIS ADDS WERE DELETED BECAUSE HE CANT LIST SERVICES,HE HAS PAID HONER PAYMENTS EVERY TIME HE DID A PULL,HE ONLY DOES A FEW A YEAR,WELL NOW HE IS SPOSE TO PAY FOR A COMM. ACOUNT ,TO DO IT FROM NOW ON,THAT IS A BUNCH OF CRAP,IT USE TO BE IF YOU WERE A INDV. AND YOU PAID THE HONER IT WAS FINE , NOW ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING EVERYONE TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP OR COMM. ACOUNTS,WAT HAPPENED TO THE ORGINAL SITE THING THAT ADVER. AND PAY AS YOU SELL WITH A HONER PAYMENT, WELL I THINK MY DAD WILL STOP BEING A USER NOW..IM SURE ,THIS SITE IS GETTING LIKE ALL THE OTHERS ,AND IT WILL GO DOWN LIKE ALL THE OTHERS TOO ,SORRY FOR VENTING BUT IM REAL UPSET WITH THIS DEAL.......
Old 11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by shawnp
PJ, would it be too difficult to create a business section? I would think that you would be able to ad in the programming a criteria that realizes the membership level and be able to funnel the ads to the dealer section. Just a thought.

Will RJ be at PRI this year? If so, I would love to drop by and say thank you.

......Ummmm both PJ and Tom both addressed this in the first page of the thread :wink: :wink:
Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by radicalz
Originally Posted by shawnp
PJ, would it be too difficult to create a business section? I would think that you would be able to ad in the programming a criteria that realizes the membership level and be able to funnel the ads to the dealer section. Just a thought.

Will RJ be at PRI this year? If so, I would love to drop by and say thank you.

......Ummmm both PJ and Tom both addressed this in the first page of the thread :wink: :wink:
Certainly it was addressed. But I fail to see any action. Big difference in addressing and curing/fixing the issue. Just my humble opinion. :wink: :wink:
Old 11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default some issues

First off I just want to say thank you for your feedback on many of the issues that are on the site.

I have been reading this and I just needed to get a few things addressed before I was able to respond in an correct manner. I like to get all the facts in place before I look like a (well, you know)

First off - Dealers and the postings, yes we know the process of addressing and curing are two different things, but we can't have the first without the second, and we sometimes have to make many internal decisions that have led from a many internal discussions on the subject. So having said that, the programmers are working on a system that will be able to sort ads the way you like them. (It just takes some time, depends on how big the task is and to make sure all the kinks are worked out, and what's already in the pipeline to get accomplished.) CURRENTLY we are not going to isolate anyone's ads, just give you better tools to see things the way you want. We would not separate your ads, and just like Craig's list and Ebay, they are not going to take ads off their site for you either, give you better tools, yes, and that's what we will be doing too. The sales platform is equal no matter how big or small you are. The ads are posted and then listed, if you happen to list an item after a dealer puts up his, then you are ahead of theirs, yes I know 50 at a time can be a bit much, but better sorting will certainly help people find exactly what's out there from the person that they want to buy from.

Second - RJ's store mishap this week. I have talked to the person in charge of the store items and let her know what she did, when she posted items in the store. We apologize for this and it should not happen again, this person just did not know. Our mistake and we have taken measures so it does not happen again. Sorry.

Third - The person in here with the issue of the service ads, we have always removed service ads, if they were on there in the past and we did not remove it, I guess we just didn't catch it. We are sorry, we do not allow services, the site is for products only. We have banner advertising for services.

I have to ask, does the title to this post get more people to look at it. And in the immortal words of George Carlin "Where are these tubes people are always going down?"

PJ

Keep the comments coming
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

PJ:
Racing Junk is the TOP DOG for all the features this site offers....as far as the racing arena (community) RACING JUNK IS IN A CLASS ALL BY ITSELF !..there are none other comparable for us gear heads that relates to our hobbies and lifestyles (racing)

I been around for a long time.....and been on Racing junk since 2003 and bottom line you are not gonna please all the people all the time but in racing junks case MAJORITY of the people are pleased almost always..the sites activity speaks for itself.

for the record i DO NOT believe the origination of this post ( 1 post and out) doesn't even come close to how the Majority feels about Racing Junk as a whole...Majority is well pleased..the growth of this site proves my opinion

What makes a company better and better are those in charge that constantlty strive to make things better...and being on this site since 2003 you have done exactley that..

i see the things some have complained about but its small in the grand scheme of things and by you (pj) responding makes it even smaller in my opinion

a BIG THANK YOU for providing us a gear heads a full rounded racing site to hang out !..

My humble Opinion.

Brian " Beetlejuice'..aka- bjuice

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with Brian 100% Racing Junk is a great place,no complaints here.

But I do think some of the users need education on how to run the site.

You can't please everyone all the time,but there are a few you can please most of the time.
You are doing a great job PJ,Thanks

Tom
Old 11-14-2008, 03:24 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE :wink: :wink: ---AND I REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE ALOT :lol: :lol:
GROWING PAINS HURT ALOT OF TIMES[I HAVE NEVER REALLY GROWN UP!!!] BUT--PJ DOES TRY VERY MUCH TO GET THINGS FIXED AND TO LISTEN MORE IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS--THAT SAID-WOULD ALL THE ONE TIME GRIPERS :roll: PLEASE/ PLEASE/ TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND JUST HANG ON--IT WILL GET BETTER :lol: :lol:
ALSO --THANKS ALOT BRIAN AND TOM FOR BEING HERE AND DIRECTING THINGS[ IT CAN BE AN UNTHANKFUL JOB!!!!!!!]

LIVELY
Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

so where is everyone going to ? what new forum?