is this possible?

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 AM
deepockets
CRAFTSMAN

Default is this possible?

i was adjusting the valves on my bbc (i've done this before and familiar with the way to do it) when i was at tdc #1 by the pointer , i did this by watching the intake valve open and close and about a quarter turn more in a clockwize rotation and the piston was not at tdc. is it possible that the outer part of the dampner could have moved? it is a sfi dampner that came from schafferoff and i dont see any popular brand name.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: is this possible?

Originally Posted by deepockets
i was adjusting the valves on my bbc (i've done this before and familiar with the way to do it) when i was at tdc #1 by the pointer , i did this by watching the intake valve open and close and about a quarter turn more in a clockwize rotation and the piston was not at tdc. is it possible that the outer part of the dampner could have moved? it is a sfi dampner that came from schafferoff and i dont see any popular brand name.
Them dampners they use are junk !! I seen more then one take a crap.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
deepockets
CRAFTSMAN

i pulled the dampner off tonight and the outer portion has clearly spun. it has a name of pb extreme. not so extreme in my case. also the msd crank trigger does not center properly on the the hub, so it could easily run out of round. i put it on the ati super and it centers perfectly.