how much nos i can use on a high comp, tight engine?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I think we scared him off.
Cp
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I am here investing my time and in many instances, far too many, wasting my time to try to help others avoid costly mistakes and to hopefully get it right with the best bang for their bucks.

I enjoy helping. That is never a waste of time. It is a waste of time when I get challanged and argued with by those who have not been in my shoes or known people whom I know and have known in this industry.

It is just like this thread. We have been maybe two days just to find out what should have been told us after we questioned and told him no way possible. Several of us who are in the position and have the experience to know, and we get talked to like we are the ones ignorant. I don't care what an engine guy with no clue, or a magazine article says or what is printed in funny books or the internet. I speak from sitting in the driver's seat and doing it, like many of the even more experienced professionals here.

THis one just like many others is so adamant his engine builder or his information is right, they argue with lifetime experiences of dragging the most posssible power and compression out of many different combinations. On another board, I see guys arguing with Joe Sherman, Larry Meaux, Jon Kaase, Adger Smith, myself and at least three top current cup and NASCAR builders (have to remain nameless)..

I am posting a quote that almost got me to bail out of this thread.
why is that hard to believe? my sb2.2 heads have 33cc or 38 cc chambers cant remember exactly off hand without getting the paper work out my engine builder and i talked this over and i recall him saying 18:1 would be the most i could run on pump gas before some kind problems would come into play with my setup. so we got je involved in on this also. This is why i use torco 118 nos fuel its 120 motor octane. So Ed why dont you explain to me why I couldnt possibly have 18: 1 comp. with no power add ons?
The explantion is easy. several of us did explain it. It is becuase the engine would self destruct with that much compression.

Well' I didn't bail out and we finally found out the missing pieces of the puzzle and now we all know he is possibly safe from harm with good tuning. So to me that is worth the staying here till the information got believable.

Ed
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Finally some real time info.
And to answer your original question, spray the hell out of it but use the necessary precautions mentioned earlier..
goodluck, Cp
Old 11-02-2007, 04:55 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Hey Ed this looks like a good progect for some more Ed brc pistons.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:01 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Kickin472 I am tuning the nos on a 434 sb2 motor this weekend for a friend of mine, he is running 16.5 comp and we are gona start out about 150 hp on a speed tech fogger. His engine made 960hp on the dyno na, so I will give you an update on how it responds to the nos on monday.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Kickn472,
I am not trash talking you. Please try to understand how difficult at times this free internet tech service can be for us here only trying to be helpful.

I get hundreds of postings where guys ask for advice or opinions and then spend pages and days telling me I don't know what I am talking about. I am likely bailing out of one now at Speed Talk where a guy came on asking advice and opions and now has begun posting like he knows more than the combined maybe hundred of years experinces of we who were trying to help him.

Now that we have pinned down what you have, I hope you are happy and have been helped.

Ed