Where is all the cash????????????

Old 04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Default Where is all the cash????????????

Almost everyone I have asked it the past 2 yrs has your pay went down and aot of them said no. There houses are not worth as much buy if you were not going to sell it then it would not matter. I have had so meany trades offered and I put in my ad I would not trade for less than I am asking Oh my gosh thats all the offers I have recived My stuff is junk and theres is gold I dont get it well thats my bicth sorry but my wife is tired of hearing me so I thought I would complain to a hole new crowd hee heee you guys have a great day.
CPTRON 8) 8) 8)
Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

WHERES THE CASH!!! I guess you dont know many electricians, plumbers carpenters, excavators , roofers, truckers etc....etc... THERES NO WORK OUT HERE!! NO MONEY!!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

All true... I took a hit last year. On the mend this year. Trying to catch up. Hang in there; Obama Care will fix everything. If that does not work, he can STEAL more capital gains from people, 401K taxes & things like "inheritance tax" or just tax the elderly on thier failing social security. Hope this helps- Scoot
Old 04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ok===i have been a self employed carpenter for over 35 years[had a few tough years but the last few have overrun me completely with work :? ] my main thing in my area is sometimes you have to do it for a little less profit and stay alive then you can get repeat work from alot of people --plus--sad to say but you need to be honest in your deals[alot of crooked contractors of all trades in my area]--plus i do all kinds of remodeling not just new---i have sold alot of parts this year and done alot of trading also--it depends on how firm you stand on your price. as far as the gold diggers you described on trades[TELL THEM TO TAKE A HIKE :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ] KEEP DEALING GUYS-DON'T LET THE GOVERNMENT WIN THIS ONE!!!! LIVELY
Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

have paitence in these times, if your priced right it will sell. a lot of bottom feeders out there think they can take advantage of guys that are hard up for cash.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:46 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

QUALITY work and parts, GREAT service and customer relations, and fair but sustainable prices. Keep your service and quality up even though you might have to lower your prices somewhat, and you'll keep your head above water. And KEEP DIGGING gang ! NEVER give up.........

When business or work slacks off, it's a good time to review every facet of your life and see where you can make cuts or improvements. Actually these things need to be an ongoing part of your life. Stay flexible and informed. Do NOT spend time and energy worrying about what the 'competition' is doing, DO concern yourself about how to make YOURS better !
If you are a worker bee, make yourself stand out and become more valuable to your employer. Don't 'brown nose' but EDUCATE and TRAIN for more skills. Even if you eventually get laid off or the business closes, you are a much more marketable worker or new entrepreneur !

Most of all, have FAITH in yourself and America. It ain't over till it's over! And we're a LOOOOOOONG way from being OVER.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

Business has stayed pretty steady for me. Still making the same money, everything costs a little more though. I've had to change the focus of my business just a little. Vehicles people need to get back and forth to work are a priority, the toys are wait in line and bring a healthy deposit. Way too many half finished projects last year.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default tough times?

For me, going on the 2nd year at work with no raise. I'm still working steady, so, there is a silver lining, for the moment at least. I've seen hard times before but this time is different. In the past (70's-80's) there were jobs to fall back on, if you were fired or laid off. This time around, those fall back jobs are the ones that have been either closed, moved or outsourced.

Another thing I've noticed that makes this current situation different. I've seen a lot of smart, skilled and educated individuals that are having difficult times. I'm a pessimist, I don't see this turning a real corner anytime soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:37 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: Where is all the cash????????????

Originally Posted by rsrsfishslayers
Almost everyone I have asked it the past 2 yrs has your pay went down and aot of them said no. There houses are not worth as much buy if you were not going to sell it then it would not matter. I have had so meany trades offered and I put in my ad I would not trade for less than I am asking Oh my gosh thats all the offers I have recived My stuff is junk and theres is gold I dont get it well thats my bicth sorry but my wife is tired of hearing me so I thought I would complain to a hole new crowd hee heee you guys have a great day.
CPTRON 8) 8) 8)
How ya doing Capt Ron ? Been a while since I talked to ya. I know what you mean. I haven't sold one thing in the classified ads.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Went 2 yrs without a raise...finally got 2% increase this year...med coverage went up 20%..and its not as good a plan....so i get more/more behind every year....but i still got my job...beats the alternative...no job.. :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -