So far this year

Old 04-26-2013, 03:16 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default So far this year

HAS SUCKED!
Seriously, this year started off by wrecking my truck (I posted some pics of it when it happened), terrible sinus infection that took 3 months to get rid of, have been trying for almost 3 months to get a tag for the new truck I bout and back to the sinus infection thing. I go in Monday to have sinus surgery ( both sides) and my tonsils taken out. Yee haw, can't wait :cry: . 45 years old and tonsils being taken out ain't no fun I'm sure.
There is a hole in my right tonsil and the doc says only thing to do is take them out.

I have multiple problems in my right sinus and the Doc has been trying to convince me for 10+ years to have it done and I wouldn't. An x ray and CT scan a few weeks ago showed a cyst in there and it has to be taken out soon.
To top it off I am starting to get a sinus infection so I don't know if that will have any effect on the surgery Monday.

I could have bought a LOT of racing parts for what I've paid in medical bills this year. Anyway, enough of my whining, hope you guys are having a better year than me!

PS. please don't tell me how bad the surgery is gonna be. I don't want to know any more about it than I already do! :wink:
Old 04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Man Wabb!!! rough times. It has to be done; you have to do this. I had to have nose surgery & it all worked out (broke it). No horror stories, just uncomfortable for a week. You are tough & this will pass. Main thing: TAKE CARE of it now & invest in feeling better later. You are still young. I will pray you go through this gracefully. I worry about my nose in my boxing class all the time; but so far no damage (fingers crossed).

Eat ice cream & watch movies for awhile... do what they tell you & don't buck it. You are going to feel wayyy better when this is over. Keep us posted on the progress. Scooter
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

All I can remember from getting my tonsils out was lots of ice cream but that was 42 years ago! Stay strong brother and we are here for you

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

It'll be worth it Rabbit. Had my tonsils taken out when I was 4 yrs old. Was sick all the time, now hardly ever. Had 2 nose surguries for deveated septum. Went well just not sure it helped my breathing issues though.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:00 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Had my 'T's' removed between Germany and Vietnam. I take more 'sleepy time' than most, so woke up just as they were 'removing' them. Felt like they had 'em in a pair of Vise Grips and just RIPPING them out ! :shock: :shock:
Old 04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Medical bills SUCK! Health problems put a hold on my racing last year got them all under control now. The bills are still coming in my health insurance has a big deductable. This is holding up my racing know since I need to pull my motor down. The end result is worth it I feel better than I have in years.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:50 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Started not to post cause I can't lie but wanted ya to know we rootin for ya . I had it done at 21 and it hurt like Hell. Sorry rabbit. You will pull thru better pain meds out there today. Lol.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys. It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

BJ, they don't do all that packing anymore. I know it's gonna be a little irritating :wink:, but at least I don't have to deal with the packing like they use to stick in there. Doc said on a scale of 1 to 10 my surgery is a 3. Not that I believe him though.

DD thanks for that thought of the vice grips yanking out my tonsils. lol
When I looked up the address they gave me for the surgery center it's a suite and a Holiday Inn Express. They told me they except CASH only paid in advance!
I shouldn't be worried should I?

I'll let y'all know how it goes once I wake up from all the good meds I have! lol
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I would not worry the doc will clean his hands with moonshine before the surgery. Just ask for a couple shoots for yourself.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Thanks guys. It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

BJ, they don't do all that packing anymore. I know it's gonna be a little irritating :wink:, but at least I don't have to deal with the packing like they use to stick in there. Doc said on a scale of 1 to 10 my surgery is a 3. Not that I believe him though.

DD thanks for that thought of the vice grips yanking out my tonsils. lol
When I looked up the address they gave me for the surgery center it's a suite and a Holiday Inn Express. They told me they except CASH only paid in advance!
I shouldn't be worried should I?

I'll let y'all know how it goes once I wake up from all the good meds I have! lol
Not a thing to worry about...but....I bet WALMART would do it even cheaper!!........All kidding aside...get well soon , Hope the rest of the year goes better. :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -