They're here

Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I bet Outlaw would shoot the snot out of it!! I'd help him skin it if he did! lol
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by csx8506
roadkill,
Not trying to hijack this thread, but how high do you own the airspace above your property?
dgh
Interesting thought... How deep are your mineral rights below your property :?:
Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
Originally Posted by csx8506
roadkill,
Not trying to hijack this thread, but how high do you own the airspace above your property?
dgh
Interesting thought... How deep are your mineral rights below your property :?:
Depends on whether you own them or not. Increasingly, properties are being sold with only "Surface" ownership rights.

Years back, I bought 25 acres of a "School Section" that had been cut off the section by a county road. I bought it from a private owner, but the mineral rights were owned by the "Catholic Diocese" of the town in which I live. Thus, While I could drill a well on the property (With permit) so could the agent of the Diocese. They could also come in and mine any material(s) that are under the property.

Of course they would have to reimbuse the surface owners for any damages to the property, but you could end up in court for a longer time than when Nero sued the Fiddler's Union . .

On the other hand, while I've seen Airspace above property leased, I've never seen it sold or owned (by Deed) by anyone but the deeded Property owner.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:13 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/03/05/...es-on-us-soil/
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

FYI . . Go to Google earth, Open, then go to "Beale AFB, CA" . .

Pull in the image of the Flight Line Apron. On it you'll see four black Airplanes with long wings . . those are U2's. A U2 is a fair sized aircraft. Note the "Silver aircraft" sitting at the North end of the line of U2's . . That's a "Reaper" drone. Big Mutha, ain't it?

Now to get another idea of scale between the Reaper and the "Predator", look a little further North on the Apron, and you'll see a U2 being tugged out of a hangar. Right beside it is a "Predator" Drone . . . It's "only" about the same size as a U2 . .

To give you a further idea of size and scale, look at the far North on the Apron. There's 4 T-38s (I think that's what they are) and on the Apron, about midway is a Mitsubishi Twin.

Bigassed Model Airplanes, huh?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Default Correction on the above . .

Both of the "Drones" are "Global Hawks", jet powered and just a little bigger than the Reaper and almost twice as big as the Predator . .

Both the Reaper and Predator have downward rear stabilators and are propeller powered . .
Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

VEEEEEEERY INteresting.........LOOOONG wings for slow going and very high altitude 'observation' ala U2...not gonna be bagging one of them with a shotgun !...
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Y'kno, I went up and googled "Boeing Global Hawk" and it brought up a site that was a literal catalog on state of the art drones and who's using them for what.

The "Predator", the "Reaper", the "Mariner", and a whole host of different names and variants are basically the same airframe. Portability and load are what makes the differences as far as I could see. The Global Hawk works at 65,000 feet of altitude where the Predator (and 90% of it's variants) function from 30,000 to about 55,000 feet. Wingspan varies from 66' to 82' and the powerplants vary depending upon the designed altitude.

The Global Hawk seems to be the most prevalent aircraft within the country's borders, but Homeland Security and DEA is using the Mariner on both borders.

And no Virginia, we can't shoot 'em down. but the Russians (or the Chinese) figured out how to deal with them in the Persian Gulf and Afhanistan. They found the UHF bands they were using to control them over Afghanistan and Pakistan and then figured out the scrambling code, and Voila!, the Iranians have taken over the controls of several and landed them in Iran. They didn't shoot them down, they stole them!

An acquaintence who was in the Air Force and was part of the team at Nellis (Las Vegas) who flew the Drones over both Afghanistan and Pakistan told me that during Bush 43's term, they used the drones sparingly because they knew the Russians were monitoring the control bands, but after the Mocha Messiah took over, the flights increased about 1000%. Then after Iran got the first predator (classified info) the Generals notified the CIA that they needed to cut the overflight frequencies over and around Iran . . They didn't and one of their really secret, state of the Art "Frisbees" got kidnappped . . You read about that one . .

Then The DoD moved the controllers to Kandahar, Afghanistan. That's why the DoD created the "Drone Pilot's Medal" . . now they're "In Country" rather than in North Las Vegas . . Dunno if they're still using the COMSAT or direct control, but it's harder to "Kidnap" a drone when your signal is almost impossible to override . .
Old 03-11-2013, 04:02 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2

An acquaintence who was in the Air Force and was part of the team at Nellis (Las Vegas) who flew the Drones over both Afghanistan and Pakistan told me that during Bush 43's term, they used the drones sparingly because they knew the Russians were monitoring the control bands, but after the Mocha Messiah took over, the flights increased about 1000%. Then after Iran got the first predator (classified info) the Generals notified the CIA that they needed to cut the overflight frequencies over and around Iran . . They didn't and one of their really secret, state of the Art "Frisbees" got kidnappped . . You read about that one . .
To bad they didn't kidnap the Mocha Messiah instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -