Old 04-14-2007, 06:10 AM
bigboy42
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Guess?

Originally Posted by bbchevy
ROD BOLT Failure!
Later
G 8)
most rod bolts will withstand 150,000 psi and an engine will not generate that kind of pressure. the rod cap appeares to be on right. i would say it hit the side of the block due to lack of proper clearencing.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 AM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

The Rod bolt did not fail they were not torqued only hand tight DynoFlo just overlooked the step .Its a mistake that can happen to anyone DynoFlo just wont admit to making it .
Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 PM
mitchz
SHOW GUEST

All rod bolt's not torqued ?
Im not buying it.

Besides,you buy a short block I would think you might actually go over any and all bolts before you finish the assembly -
You added the oil pump I assume,maybe a windage tray ?
Dont you own a torque wrench? Dont you check your own ad on's ?
So why would you not check the whole motor ?
Maybe the rods were defective,maybe the bolts were tight but the rod was preventing the bolt from clamping fully,sorta like when you tighten a bolt thats too long for the hole...

Bash the guy all you want,you get what you pay for and you bought the cheapest engine you could find,Dynoflo good bad or otherwise is an internet low cost builder - maybe it was hand tight or maybe not
but I see it as operator error -you failed to finish the assembly like a professional, live and learn then move foward.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

mitchz, how much did scott pay you for that one ?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:37 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YOU KNOW SLOWMAN-- :idea: -SOMETHING SOUNDS AWFULLY FUNNY ON THAT SLAP BACK AT FASTBOWTIE~~~~~CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE--IF IT WAS NOT PUT TOGETHER RIGHT THE FIRST TIME IT WASN'T RIGHT PERIOD!!!!!-----THE FIRE IS HEATING UP ALOT ops: ops: ops:
Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

livily,it sounds like a second one that don't have a clue. the bolts are to long is funny that would mean that dynoflo f'ed up if the bolts were to long.if you put a windage tray on you don't loosen the rod bolts DAAAAA!!!! MICTHZ, i see so if you by a new car you have to put a torque wrench on all the bolts just in case the dumbass at the factory forgot. please get the tractor and pull hard.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

lol
Old 04-14-2007, 01:58 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GEEEEEE--MAYBE THEY USED THE INTAKE BOLTS IN THE RODS AND THE HEAD BOLTS IN THE MAINS---BOY OH BOY I SURE AM GETTING CONFUSED ON WHAT GOES WHERE!!!! :roll: :roll:I KNOW----THEY USED A NONENGLISH TORQUE WRENCH :cry: :cry:
Old 04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

the tractor is going to be very very big to pull some heads out of there stink hole.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:29 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Mitch Believe what you want Like I said If there is doubt call the Owner who checked them at SSRE the phone # is in a prior post .Hindsight is 20/20 If I would have known about any problems with DynoFlo Yes I would have checked them but we felt confident in their motors .So what you are saying is even though You ,I or anyone else that purchases a motor from a builder it,s our responcibility to recheck everything we paid them to do :?: Well maybe Im wrong for not checking them and putting my confidence in DynoFlo but regaurdless it should have been done rite the first time .This post wasnt brought over to the Scammer section from the General section To just complain about the Hand tight Rod Bolts from DynoFlo But also to show how I was treated over the phone and in emails by Scot Slotten just for implying that one of his motors had A loose Rod Bolt and asking what he would do about it.I will admit I did not put A torque wrench on the bottom End except to torque the oil pump bolt .If you want to think that I am in the wrong for not rechecking their work thats OK because it should have been done correctly at DynoFlo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -