Got a promotion...

Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Congrats Chris.
Happy for ya. Don't take your work home with ya. Takes a long time to keep that from happening but try real hard and you will be better off. I was a manager for a Global company and had 58 plus people working for me. Can be a big headache if you let it get to you.
Good luck.
Vince I learned that years ago! Of course living 62 miles from work helps, I have a hour to decompress on the way home every night!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Congrats Chris.
Happy for ya. Don't take your work home with ya. Takes a long time to keep that from happening but try real hard and you will be better off. I was a manager for a Global company and had 58 plus people working for me. Can be a big headache if you let it get to you.
Good luck.
Vince I learned that years ago! Of course living 62 miles from work helps, I have a hour to decompress on the way home every night!
WOW...Thats a long haul....they give you one of those fiat beer cans to drive as a company car? :P
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Mike I am driving a 170,000 mile Toyota Martix AWD, its a great little car, gets about 28mpg and will run a 100mph all day long! Its also great in the snow with the all wheel drive and drives like a rally car when you want it to! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

100mph and drifting, now THAT is what I call DECOMPRESSING !

Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
100mph and drifting, now THAT is what I call DECOMPRESSING !

and RELAXING--just hearing the tires screaching/smelling the tire smoke/ and HEARING THOSE BLASTED POLICE SIRENS trailing off in the background :lol: :lol: ops:
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

My one BIG decompression will be in September. I'll be running the Silver State Classic open road race for the first time. Will be required to start in a lower class than the car was built for, as I need experience in driving at 140+ for extended periods of time. We go down for rookie qualifying in Vegas at the LV motor Speedway, a 2 mile oval. THAT will be fun ! Then race on Sunday. Next year I'll be allowed to run in Unlimited @ 200+.
I'll also get one pavement hillclimb in, in June.