088 heads

Old 12-27-2009, 04:26 PM
stafford67
SHOW GUEST

Default 088 heads

I have been searching for this info and haven't really got a straight answer, so I thought I would see if anyone on here has done this.

I have a mark4 block and I am wanting to put a set of 088 heads on it. the block is hard filled to the water pump, and is strickly a drag motor.
I am trying to figure out what head gasket I need to run.
do I run the head gasket made for the mark4 block or do I run the head gasket made for the mark5/6 head?

thank you

Tony
Old 12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/show....php?p=2660382

http://www.speedtalk.com/forum/viewt...c61f70ab3b08ee

Quote from PWMAX whom I believe posts here from time to time.

Like said above, it works fine. I do A LOT of Hp marine engines, Mercruiser HP500 502's are like a## holes, everyone has one, and they all have 088 heads on them. I have right now 5 sets of take off heads on the shelf, and will do them up from time to time for a budget bracket deal, and use them on a Mark4 block, you just need to use a gasket intended for the Gen5 or6. The gasket will match the heads water ports, which are way different than the Mark4 stuff. The water holes are in the right spot on the block, so, it doesn't matter what "printo seal" is on the gasket, it will just seal on the flat deck. It works fine.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:19 PM
stafford67
SHOW GUEST

thanks man that is just what i wanted to see