CORNWELL OR SNAP ON

Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

With the new craftsman you dont have to worry about the breaker bars breaking anymore....the new sockets snap like popcorn....old craftsman was good , new is chit!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Mike-

I pick up a Craftsman tool and it breaks- Simply self-destructs.

Best advice, make friends with a snap-on tool guy. My boxes are mostly all Snap-on now and the stuff just holds up, and except for some of the Blue-Point stuff its all US. I pick up used when I see it if its reasonable.

I just bought a Snap-on 3/8" drive impact gun and that thing is incredible.

I will say I have some Cornwell stuff and its held-up well; doesnt seem to be many dealers locally though.

Scorp
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Got a few S & K tools... a ratchet that is 15 years old now & still is great... one is 3/8" & the other end is 1/4"... S & K's are fine. If I were doing this commercially, I guess the Snap-On would be choice. The finer clicks on the ratchets really matter to me... I hate those 1/4 turn= 1 click cheap chitty ones.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Dang karma! I broke my Craftsman 1/2" clicker torque wrench tonight setting up a rear-end. I ain't saying nuthin' else!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I decided to go with snapon, trying to find a cornwell dealer has been a bit difficult. buying about 1k at a time starting with sockets & drivers......my craftsman torque wrenches took a dump about 3 yrs ago....bit the bullet and bought snapon ....best torque wrenches Ive ever had.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:03 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Dang karma! I broke my Craftsman 1/2" clicker torque wrench tonight setting up a rear-end. I ain't saying nuthin' else!
MEMRACING62 Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:49 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to go with snapon, trying to find a cornwell dealer has been a bit difficult. buying about 1k at a time starting with sockets & drivers......my craftsman torque wrenches took a dump about 3 yrs ago....bit the bullet and bought snapon ....best torque wrenches Ive ever had.
Seriously Snap On makes a super good torque wrench. My dad gave me a 3/8 Snap On torque wrench around my 16 or 17 birthday and I still have it. That may have been why I like snap on and Mac tools so much more than I did craftsman.