WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.....THE GREAT AMERICAN LOOSERS

Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default no all motor are not crooks

No I do not want to imply that all motor builders are not crooks, the statements and opinions are from my own experience. Which I have learned from. I like three of the builders both as people and professionally, but they were all later than promised, all did not return calls , and because of the nature of these experiences I have learned to not to bank on them having the motor done when promised. Hey maybe its me, I maybe too demanding ?????
Old 11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default engines

hey bixblk post the names of good engine builders who have built your engines and are happy with, thats good info for everybody.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:29 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Just courious, how many motors have you had built?

New motor with a lot of machine work or a simple rebuild?

It's rare a engine builder gets a motor back to you in a hurry. I've had one sit for more than 6 months and yea, I was pissed, but I would never call the guy a crook. He built me one hell of a tough motor. It was a brand new build and they always take a lot longer to do. My bill was also a lot more than I was told. I wasn't real happy about that, but all the extra cost was from upgrade of parts. (ie: 1 thing was a new intake almost an extra $800). I could have been pissed about that, but I felt it was worth it in the long run to have the best parts available for my investment.

The last thing I want my builder to do is get in a hurry to get me my motor back because I'm bugging the crap out of him.
I'm not saying it's right for a builder to tell you it will be 6 weeks and its 12 weeks and he hasn't been in contact with the customer. It happens and I also would not call him a crook or scammer just because it took to long.

IMO I need more info and to hear his side of the story before I can make a decision.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 AM
fordchevchrysler
APPRENTICE

Hey dont take my word for it.
Have a good search over the internet and see how many other people WHEELER has screwed ! or tried to.
The facts are if a responsible professional states 4 to 8 weeks build then
they should produce. Any normal person like i did gave them the benifit of doubt. But 20 weeks is way to much.
If you think there ok, then go buy one of there chinese block and heads and have it fall apart on the first outing.
Wake up america ! Its people like WHEELER who are taking away your jobs and you are supporting him.
GO FIGGER THAT OUT
Old 12-06-2011, 09:13 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fordchevchrysler
Hey dont take my word for it.
Have a good search over the internet and see how many other people WHEELER has screwed ! or tried to.
The facts are if a responsible professional states 4 to 8 weeks build then
they should produce. Any normal person like i did gave them the benifit of doubt. But 20 weeks is way to much.
If you think there ok, then go buy one of there chinese block and heads and have it fall apart on the first outing.
Wake up america ! Its people like WHEELER who are taking away your jobs and you are supporting him.
GO FIGGER THAT OUT
It's not that I'm not "taking your word". My point is you have listed Wheeler Power Products in the Scammer Section. We know they aren't going to get on here and defend themself so I'd like to know more info about it.

BTW you do know the computer you used to post this in the scammer section was not made in the USA. I'm all for buying in the USA, but you were happy to to buy none USA parts until they were late.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I think most people would be surprised how much name brand products they use and think they are USA made . that is imported from other countries a lot more than you would think.

i don't know anything about wheeler and I'm not taking any side here.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default More Wheeler Dealer ads

Ad 1661338. More of their ads there too.

You just can't keep a good guy down. I guess they know if someone responds to their ads, after all their popularity, they have a fish to reel in.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

I looked at wheelers stuff at the PRI show and you get what you pay for. The machine work seems to be good. I think that to stay in buisness these days and competitive you do what you have to with in reason imo.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 AM
fordchevchrysler
APPRENTICE

QUOTE.....BTW you do know the computer you used to post this in the scammer section was not made in the USA. I'm all for buying in the USA, but you were happy to to buy none USA parts until they were late.