Mallory Metal flying out of crankshaft

Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
bluedawg357
CRAFTSMAN

who did this to you?
Old 04-18-2011, 04:39 AM
TRChassis
JOURNEYMAN

It was a local "supposed to be performance engine builder". When I confronted him about it he said it wasn't his fault but that we must have done or tuned something wrong. I can't figure out what we could have done as it is evident the weight was not installed properly. That part was going to come out sooner or later and keep in mind it was only the eleventh pass on this motor, and it took him 8 months to just bore and o-ring the block plus do this crappy balance job. The guys name is Keith Mauldin who has a very large ego and thinks he is incapable of making a mistake. We are just moving on and don't expect him to do or pay for any of the damage. That's racing, time to move on.
Rick
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 AM
bluedawg357
CRAFTSMAN

man thats an expensive lesson. i feel for ya. you could always report him on your 2011 taxes as having paid him over 10,000.00 in cash. just teasing.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bluedawg357
man thats an expensive lesson. i feel for ya. you could always report him on your 2011 taxes as having paid him over 10,000.00 in cash. just teasing.
lmao....... hell yeah :wink:
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
TRChassis
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by bluedawg357
Well that is a thought and this guy only takes cash so no telling how much he reports. He probably only takes cash so someone doesn't stick him before he sticks them. I really have no recourse but to just suck it up and tell anyone that I come in contact with or if they ask what happened to the motor I just pull out the piece of heavy metal and tell them the engine builder made a mistake, a really big expensive mistake.

Rick
Old 04-19-2011, 04:15 PM
bluedawg357
CRAFTSMAN

Your a better man than I. There's always the better business bureau. That way if any one researches this guy before doing business, they will see & be able to make judge ment.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 AM
TRChassis
JOURNEYMAN

Just got the new short block from Ohio Crankshaft. It is a nice looking piece, and the crank looks real nice. Since I posted this originally, no one has posted that they had ever seen anything like this heavy metal doing damage, I hope I am not the only one this ever happened to. It was an expensive adventure for sure, but hopefully we can move on now.
Rick