NEW DART SHP BLOCK (PICS)

Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hink
Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Carl,

Just curious, what do you do with the lifter bores if they are good to specs? do you give them a little more clearance, and leave them as they are or do you bush them and put them dead on. Also i saw the block in the pics. Does it have cast iron mains or cast steel mains like the dart little "M" blks. Just curious, because i bought a little "M" block that had cast iron caps.

zip.
This lifter bores we probed out are fine as the Darts and Bowtie blocks the lifter bores are fine right out of the box, Most shops go to .875 or .904 depending on there build, We hardly ever bush back do to the expence.

We bore gauge all the lifter bores to make sure they are not to to tight.

Those caps are nodular iron caps and are one and half times stronger thenthe a standard GM grey cast cap. It is the same cap as far as material as the Little-M Sportsman block
Thanks Carl, do you think those caps will handle. about 850HP, my plan is to run about 20%nitro (with alcohol)on stacks injection with a 434" Dart little "M" blk, good internals. I know the best deal is to change too billet caps but i'm already built.

Zip.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:42 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by hink
Hey Carl,

Just curious, what do you do with the lifter bores if they are good to specs? do you give them a little more clearance, and leave them as they are or do you bush them and put them dead on. Also i saw the block in the pics. Does it have cast iron mains or cast steel mains like the dart little "M" blks. Just curious, because i bought a little "M" block that had cast iron caps.

zip.
This lifter bores we probed out are fine as the Darts and Bowtie blocks the lifter bores are fine right out of the box, Most shops go to .875 or .904 depending on there build, We hardly ever bush back do to the expence.

We bore gauge all the lifter bores to make sure they are not to to tight.

Those caps are nodular iron caps and are one and half times stronger thenthe a standard GM grey cast cap. It is the same cap as far as material as the Little-M Sportsman block
Thanks Carl, do you think those caps will handle. about 850HP, my plan is to run about 20%nitro (with alcohol)on stacks injection with a 434" Dart little "M" blk, good internals. I know the best deal is to change too billet caps but i'm already built.

Zip.
If I read this right the Dart Little-M Sportsman block is designed for 900 horse.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks, Carl

I don't think i can make that much HP with 23* heads, even good ones(Brodix 10's flowing 314cfm. I feel safer now.

Zip.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:37 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Zip when you bringing that bad boy Anglia w/ that blown 434 to Byhalia?

I'm sure Mike Frank ( track promoter ) could set you up a match race with someone.
Here's a link to the tracks webpage. http://byhaliaraceway.com/

They are having a benefit's race this weekend for ST Jude's Childrens research hosiptal, lots of stuff to raffle off plus a cake walk and a best 2 outta 3 match race with Russel Synder's altered ( 4.90's ets ) VS Steve gurley's digger plus the regular bracket program.
It should be a hoot!
Later Cp
Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

I am out of SHP blocks right now and it maybe a couple of weeks be fore I can get the rest of them to fill orders.