Choosing a BIG Cube BBC Street Engine

Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

the largest arm id put in a standard deck bbc is 4.375....anyone who knows engines would most likely agree,especially for racing purposes...

when i had a motor built i had a few goals.to run 8s in quarter,93 octane fuel.that was mostly only rules.so after looking at rod to stroke ratio i settled for 4.5 stroke with 6.7 rod which nets a 1.25 piston deck height which ive heard from people that run nitrous in engines that u dont wanna go below 1.2 piston pin height on the spray...so with having a rod stroke ratio same as a 400 sbc coming in at 1.49...

ive limited my nitrous to 275 shot with current combo and i think with je pistons eagle rods and crank hellfire rings it should be fairly trouble free at 10.2:1 compression

if i could do it again id look at the dart 11.1 deck height!!!but those were not out when i built my motor 3 years ago.hell the block is only a couple hundred more and if u add up extra crank expense(ohio crank billet is about 400 more than my 4.5 eagle) of going with big big cubes like 650+ for pennies more i wished i can do it again!!!!!

in my chevelle 3000 lbs race weight so far for now best et is 8.65@154 on a 175 shot still rich so im guessing 8.50s on 175 when dialed in then load the 275 for bottom 8s so i cant complain but more cubes rock!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
sommersracing
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I got one for you http://www.sommersracing.net/Product...nster_140.aspx Matt
Old 11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sommersracing
hey brother how ya been ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
sommersracing
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Not to bad... Been pretty busy. Loving Florida How about you? What car do you have now?

hey brother how ya been ?[/quote]
Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sommersracing
Not to bad... Been pretty busy. Loving Florida How about you? What car do you have now?

hey brother how ya been ?
[/quote]

sorry for long delay been out of town the last few days....glad to hear you Like Florida.

I own a 67 Nova Now...the one in My Avatar...Holler at ya later Bud....

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "