Played Tonight

Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Played Tonight

Went and made a couple of passes tonight......both with 1 stage 28/32's

( Zip i made these passes at your Old Hometown track..Wareshoals formerly Starlight)

1st pass was a 1.15 60ft and went right toward the wall at the 200 ft mark so i had to Lift.

2nd pass the track started going away..( got too late moisture setting on track) had a 1.17 60ft and ran a 5.008 @ 141mph.

Done got about 25 passes on this 10.5 tires and they are going away ...car has been a 1.11 60 ft...( these 10.5 cars eat Tires Bad,,,Side wall gives up,,,another reason i am looking to bracket race now)... :?

i believe i am done for a few weeks......gonna be a fence leaner for a while and eat some Hot dogs and just watch...!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey BJ, is that with the Nova you just bought?

Zip.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06

Zip.

Yes Zip thats the One......i was at your Old Hometown Track Tonight ( Wareshoals formerly Starlight )

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I've also heard them 10.5 cars break aloose the sidewalls, why is that Brian?
Can't they make or ya'll use a stiffer sidewall tire like for a heavy car - or will they not hook right then.
I'm just curious, seems like a pretty big danger factor built into a high powered 10.5W car.

Cp
Old 09-05-2009, 04:40 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
I've also heard them 10.5 cars break aloose the sidewalls, why is that Brian?
Can't they make or ya'll use a stiffer sidewall tire like for a heavy car - or will they not hook right then.
I'm just curious, seems like a pretty big danger factor built into a high powered 10.5W car.

Cp

Charles its got to be the make up in the tire design..its 10 inches wide but its 33 inches tall.... :shock: .. on top of the High HP the cars are making ...With launches sub 1.10's...and the cars being over 3,000 lbs

Most Guys racing a serious schedule in this 10.5 class are looking to change tires at the 10/15 pass mark ( $500 a pop)

They are working on this tire so i hear cause it's so dangerous.

Man it just happens so fast...1.11 60ft and a 2.99 330ft...only way i can describe this is " SITTING STILL at a red light and a Dump truke hitting you in the back bumper running 55 mph"

Old 09-05-2009, 04:54 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Bjuice,

I never have like those 200 ft. passes. lol, Its not really the pass, its the changing of underwear that bothers me...
Got any room to put another size tire under that beast? That 1.11 60 ft might become a 1.06.. or who knows a 0.999 Whew HOOOOO.
Mid to High 4's fun when you're hauling a$$ down the track.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:52 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by zipper06

Zip.

Yes Zip thats the One......i was at your Old Hometown Track Tonight ( Wareshoals formerly Starlight )
That's cool Brian, last time i was down that track was 1968, WoW 41 yrs. ago, and i ran 10.40's @ 140 in the qtr.
I swear i'm going to make it back there one day, hope i can run close to what you did last nite with the Anglia, could be fun for sure.

??? is that a 10.5W or a true 10.5 car? i know there's 2 different classes now atleast around here.

Congrats on 5.0 pass it had to be a rush.

Zip.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:01 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Yes zip its True 10.5 car....it's 3,000 lbs (with Driver)steel roof and qtrs and stock Firewall.

i have to drop the rearend in the car to change tires...fender wells have not been stretched.

Yes its big Rush..bringing all the (NOS) in off the brake..it will really lay you back in the seat..not much time to think or react.

Brian

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ashbros
Bjuice,

I never have like those 200 ft. passes. lol, Its not really the pass, its the changing of underwear that bothers me...
Got any room to put another size tire under that beast? That 1.11 60 ft might become a 1.06.. or who knows a 0.999 Whew HOOOOO.
Mid to High 4's fun when you're hauling a$$ down the track.

LOL...Yes ash i would like to say i needed a change of underwear..but it happnes so fast it really doesn't hit you until your back in the pitts...then my stomach gets a little un-easy...lol.

Yes i can go with a bigger tire to the inside of fender well...Might just do this when i change them out this winter.....

Old 09-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice

LOL...Yes ash i would like to say i needed a change of underwear..but it happnes so fast it really doesn't hit you until your back in the pitts...then my stomach gets a little un-easy...lol.

You should enter that car in trophy at the local bracket races...be kinda funny to be getting the green as the other car aproaches the first MPH cone...lol