Anyone having problems with UPS Shipping.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

We ship a ton of pistons and have done tests with our boxes, droping at 10 feet, throwing, and smashing. It takes a lot to damage a piston inside, and still get damaged parts. Sometimes half of the box and half the psitons are missing when the customer recieves.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:48 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

[b]Sounds like it's time someone came out with a line of crush proof shipping boxes made of HD plastics. Maybe ME !! Any input on this ?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
[b]Sounds like it's time someone came out with a line of crush proof shipping boxes made of HD plastics. Maybe ME !! Any input on this ?
Those are good. The Army uses those and they put at least 6" of foam inside to protect the part. I havent seen any of the containers get broken yet. Just scratched.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:03 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

That crank shouldve been in a custom wooden crate!!!!Thank god for insurance!!!!!But its still a pain in the @@##$$$....
Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I deal with UPS all day long being in the parts business. 9 times out of 10 its just poor packaging. We have stuff show up that would have been better off place in a paper sack! I do have a good story though, I ordered a primary belt drive kit for my buddy on ebay and paid for it. 2 weeks later its still a no show so I call the company I bought it from, they track it and say UPS lost it and are shipping me another one. The new one shows up and about 2 weeks after that theres a beat all to hell box sitting on my porch. It was the first one that got lost! I never got billed, I split the $1000 cost of the first one with my buddy and got a BDL belt drive on my bike for half price. :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
I deal with UPS all day long being in the parts business. 9 times out of 10 its just poor packaging. We have stuff show up that would have been better off place in a paper sack! I do have a good story though, I ordered a primary belt drive kit for my buddy on ebay and paid for it. 2 weeks later its still a no show so I call the company I bought it from, they track it and say UPS lost it and are shipping me another one. The new one shows up and about 2 weeks after that theres a beat all to hell box sitting on my porch. It was the first one that got lost! I never got billed, I split the $1000 cost of the first one with my buddy and got a BDL belt drive on my bike for half price. :lol:
That's stealing in my opinion. Not trying to offend you ,just saying...
Old 08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Not really. The company I bought it from was paid in full by UPS on their original claim so they were out nothing. If I had tried to ship it back to them they would have been ahead of the game since they were paid by me and UPS. The box looked like it had been around the world and back. I tossed it in the back of my garage for almost 90 days just waitin to see if UPS or BDL would ever contact me, they never did. There was no signature for the delivery since I am rural and the box was just left on my porch. UPS screwed up, paid for it. Their loss, my gain...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I would agree with Todd. That's dishonest. If you contacted the sender or the shipper and told them it showed up and they told you to keep it that would be different. I had something like that happen to me a couple of years ago but it was a fairly inexpensive package. I called the guy that I ordered it from and he said it wouldn't be worth the trouble to get it back so I kept it.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ashbros
Originally Posted by bjuice
i tried to file Claim with Fed Ex One time...Same thing happened with them.. they dropped my box and bent and destroyed a blower idler Pulling etc..the Blower was 1/2 hanging out of the Box when they drug if off the truck...Un-real........what i didn't know is that they send the refund back to the shipper..if its an honest Seller you bave No problems..if its a shaky seller..weeeeeellll thats another story (from experience).........but at a minimum they make it a HUGE HASSLE to get your money back.

Needless to say i was fair as always and only filed the claim for $200 just to replace the idler pulley ..they sent the check to the Seller and i never saw anything........i just chalked it up as a Loss and moved on.

Good Luck Ash
B Juice, I hate to hear that the sender has control of the final payment. Were talking a few thousand bucks to replace.

I have delt with the sender one other time in the past and it looks as if I am the one whos out until this matter gets resolved.

Anyone know how long it might take to resolve the issue?????

What would you do if you were the sender...????? Or, what would you expect from the sender????????

Anyone have any suggestions???????

Ash this is how they handled it at Fed-Ex....If i were you i would contact seller and tell them what has happned and confirm Insurance was obtained when they shipped the crank.

Also assure seller its nothing out of His pocket..if a claim is ever paid.

Fed-Ex said they would have a rep in touch with me in 7 to 10 days t..they said DO NOT throw away any of the original packaging etc...the rep is checking to see if the items was packaged improperly etc....

So yes its gonna take a few weeks...but i would start with getting a Buy in from the Seller to assure they will do the right thing...and at the same time file the claim.

again the seller will be out Nothing..

hope this helps...sorry this happened to you..my damage was very minor compared to yours..

also many people don't Know the insurance payment goes to the seller if a claim is filed and paid...but if you stop and think about it the seller is actually the one who is paying for the insurance when they ship the item...not the Buyer

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Not really. The company I bought it from was paid in full by UPS on their original claim so they were out nothing. If I had tried to ship it back to them they would have been ahead of the game since they were paid by me and UPS. The box looked like it had been around the world and back. I tossed it in the back of my garage for almost 90 days just waitin to see if UPS or BDL would ever contact me, they never did. There was no signature for the delivery since I am rural and the box was just left on my porch. UPS screwed up, paid for it. Their loss, my gain...
It is no different than when a girl at the cash register accidentally gives you change for a 20 when you only gave her a ten. At the end of the day she has to pay for her mistake when her drawer is short. I have had this happen more than once and I have always told the person. If you don't, that is your business. In my mind it's wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -