My frist drag car build up

Old 11-03-2008, 06:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i know you say this is your 1st drag car Build...do you also mean your new at drag racing ?
how fast you been ?

i was talking with some friends of mine tonight that runs lower 4's (1/8th)..we were joking about ME steering with on hand while manually shifting with the other......

My buddy said "Yeah i drive with one hand also"..but i said "Hey man you have an electric shifter..Why is this so"..

he grinned and said "My hand goes straight from the transbrake to the parachute "........ :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

You got me thinking about "Wild" Willie Borsch. Driving the old "Winged Express" altered. He used to drive that with one hand on the butterfly steering wheel, and the other on the side of the car. 8) My apologies for the hijack!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:14 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Wild Willie earned that name!That was cool how he always had his left hand OUT the side of the car. Lively,hope I don't disappopint you but it is the real Eric :lol: And for the record,I don't wanna talk anyone outta running an Olds setup. The way I see it,the more variety the better. Been thinking of using the motor that came outta my '48 for the FED.It's a 49 model 303 rocket . Factory rated at a whopping 108 hp! :shock: Hey,if you wanna run the Olds,that is way cool.I'm die hard Chevy,especially the big 'uns,respect any brand,but am always excited to see something different,no matter how fast or slow.SBC(and BBC) engines are so common nowadays I call 'em belly button motors...everybody's got one!Build the Olds,be different, embarass the mainstream guys!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:21 PM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

The olds engine would cost more but set you apart from us all with SBC and BBC's
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: olds

Originally Posted by fla1976
Another consideration is that you'll have to get another tranny if you switch from the Olds. If you are just starting out, you want to see all the costs that you can upfront. SBC are cheaper to build, but a BBC can make more power without getting too radical. That torque is the prime mover.

.....I agree even lo-po BBC have an abundance of torque for the street....not that I'm advocating street racing :shock: .... plus they look cool when poppin the hood :twisted: :twisted:
Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Think about the big picture & what you will do w/ that car. Is this a keeper? The common quest we all have is to go faster. You will need to address the frame, rearend, trans, etc... so what is your goal? You wnt to be in the 12's or the 10's? Maybe it would be a good idea to build a nice BBC now while you are also setting up the rest of the car... if you pile it up someday, you can just x-fer all the stuff over to another roller. BBC is a native drag-racing language everyone knows... it is affordable, parts are plentiful, eveyone knows about them & can help you. If you do it now, it may save you alot of money. The Rocket is cool & don't get me wrong here... it is the same reason you see SBC's in Mustangs... it is easier & less expensive.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Don't mean to throw gas on the fire but a 1988 olds cutless qualified at Richmond Va. in SS/JA with a 10.57 @ 1.026 under the index. But probably wasn't cheap to make it run that good.

Zip.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

What happen to BigBlock888 :lol: :? I'd go with the small block.It's amazing the power the can make these days with aftermarket parts.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
bigblock888
SHOW GUEST

Default thanks guys

I was told that this rocket was bored and stroked .whats the max cubs in I can get out of it? :?: :?: :?:
Old 11-12-2008, 01:30 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: thanks guys

Originally Posted by bigblock888
I was told that this rocket was bored and stroked .whats the max cubs in I can get out of it? :?: :?: :?:

..... it is up to your imagination and the strength of your wallet :wink: :wink: ....cause even the small inch rocket were based off the big block olds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -