track update

Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default track update

Thx to all that helped me out with the misfiring nova,
Changed to the hotter ngk # 8's plugs gapped @ .035
Ran great straight out of the box with a best ever E.T. of 5.90 with a 1.34 short time footbraking.
Granted this track is a bit shy of a full 1/8 however we were still pleased to say the least considering we where running 6.00's prior to the change.
We went five rounds dialing in a 5.93 and never changing it alnight.
I red lit in the fifth unfortunatly with a 4.90 reaction and ended up running dead on the 5.93 dial. The other guy had a mid 6 light and ran off almost 4 hundreths so it was a let down to know that we would had the win with a decent 5 anything light which I take full blame for.
Going to skip this weekend and then run a all run gamblers race the weekend of the 15th in Byhalia, Ms www.byhaliraceway.com
Fulton dragway near Tupelo, Ms will run all winter weather permitting on sunday afternoons, if anyone is interested in more info they can call the track and find out more details.

5850 Clay Tilden Road
Fulton, MS 38843

Fulton Dragway
P.O. Box 732
Fulton, MS 38843-0732

601-862-2232

Thx again. ><Charles
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: track update

Originally Posted by cepx111
Thx to all that helped me out with the misfiring nova,
Changed to the hotter ngk # 8's plugs gapped @ .035
Ran great straight out of the box with a best ever E.T. of 5.90 with a 1.34 short time footbraking.
Granted this track is a bit shy of a full 1/8 however we were still pleased to say the least considering we where running 6.00's prior to the change.
We went five rounds dialing in a 5.93 and never changing it alnight.
I red lit in the fifth unfortunatly with a 4.90 reaction and ended up running dead on the 5.93 dial. The other guy had a mid 6 light and ran off almost 4 hundreths so it was a let down to know that we would had the win with a decent 5 anything light which I take full blame for.
Going to skip this weekend and then run a all run gamblers race the weekend of the 15th in Byhalia, Ms www.byhaliraceway.com
Fulton dragway near Tupelo, Ms will run all winter weather permitting on sunday afternoons, if anyone is interested in more info they can call the track and find out more details.

5850 Clay Tilden Road
Fulton, MS 38843

Fulton Dragway
P.O. Box 732
Fulton, MS 38843-0732

601-862-2232

Thx again. ><Charles
Sounds like you got it dialed in. Don't be too hard on yourself for your red light. As you go rounds the guys get tougher so you have to cut a good light to go more rounds. If you back off the tree you end up losing on a bad light. Anyway that's been my experence. Anymore as I go rounds I go up there expecting to cut a double 0 or teen light. My thinking is if you don't red light once in awhile your not trying hard enough. Also seems like when you do red light the other guy cuts a bad light.

Great job Charles and good luck.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Thx, Toto
I felt lucky to go that far but hated I ditched our chances there to go into the semi's and get some round money but like you said if your not red lightin every once in awhile your not trying to cut a good light.
The delay box pro classes know exactly what were talking about.
I havent had much competion seat time this year in the car as we have had numerous downs with a dropped valve early in the year that took out the motor, then a rearend failure mid summer and the running problem late in the season, being blue collar money limited we didnt race much this year, hopefully all the gremilns that plagued us are gone now and we can focus in on winning a race before years end.
><Charles