Had a big scare

Old 08-12-2013, 04:20 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Default Had a big scare

Just thought I should share this with my race friends and family. This past weekend was spent in the cardiac unit by yours truly. I'm doing fine right now. They couldn't explain what happened after an EKG and a stress test showed nothing. But my experience was a textbook heart attack. But I'm still here kickin'. Now I know what one of my good friends on here went through a few years ago. Just wanted to let some of you guys know. Hope you guys understand.

Thanks Mike

"The BEAST"
Old 08-12-2013, 04:44 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Brother i do understand, Glad to hear your allright :!: :!:

Mark
Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Brother i do understand, Glad to hear your allright :!: :!:

Mark
I knew you would understand Mark. Thanks
Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Glad you are still here. Obey the doctors orders. Just had EKG etc also. Good to let everyone know it is important to get checked.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Beast glad to hear you are OK! Keep checking in with your Doc just
to be safe.
Went through the same thing myself a few years back, spent the night, ran all the tests, EKG, blood work every hour for 12 hours and then the stress test. The stress test actually showed I had a very healthy heart for my age. After a couple of days the Doc came to the conclusion it was fricking stress, so I changed my attitude about life a bit and learned real fast about how not to let the little things get to me anymore. Second time it happened it was a serious case of acid reflux, worst pain I had ever felt in my chest but it was some of the best Mexican food I had ever eaten!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:43 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Been there got a tee shirt. glad your good beast !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

We all need to be aware of our health especially heart conditions. My family wrote the book on heart desease my dad had his first heart problem at 38 just two years older than I am now you never know. Glad you are ok!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Big scare, alright ! Glad yer still amongst us, Mike. I've been expecting something like that for several years, but not yet ! knock knock... Stress is FOR SURE when the little murmers show up..
Old 08-13-2013, 02:18 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

It might some doctor shopping, but find yourself a good cardiologist and listen to what they say. If you smoke, stop smoking. If you drink, cut back. Cut back on the red meat intake. And if you have stress in your life, make changes to eliminate it. Your body has given you a warning signal and it's time to heed the warning. Good luck and take care.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Here's another thing to possibly consider... Hiatal Hernia...!
I had my first major attack over 20 years ago, at about 35, and I thought it was the "big one"... but after all testing with no clues what happened, tests finally found out it was a Hiatal Hernia rupture.

While no immediate surgery was ordered, further testing down the throat revealed my chronic swallowing and acid reflux problems started Barrett's Esophagus pre-cancer conditions and worsened hernia problems.

Since then I suffer frequently, sometimes daily, from symptoms exactly like a severe heart attack, with pain through the chest from the diaphragm, up the neck, and down the left arm.
Another scope down about six months ago shows worsening, but the surgeons still don't want to do surgery because the risks and complications are too questionable.
So I have to deal with my 'heart attack' several times a week, and have to eat very small bites slowly and carefully so as to not pack the hernia and burst the esophagus.

If you have ANY kind of similar eating or stomach problems this could be your explanation...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -