the scammer returns?

Old 02-18-2021, 07:41 AM
GeriLynn
APPRENTICE

Default the scammer returns?

2 months ago I lost $1680.00 to a scammer on racing junk.
it concerned an 8-71 blower and pullys
now it appears with new name -same M.O.
to similar in message and pricing ,similar address,
it has a phone# but like the ad I fell for, may be temp phone. might be honest ad? I don't think so.
seller name dragteamers121, ad # 184138504 NEW 8-71 blower and 2 dominator carbs 2K?
it also listed a CS1 -4 speed lenco/manual shift for 2K,to good to be true? I'm not going to find out this time.
the ad I fell for 2 months ago was dragracers1- to similar.
buyer beware

Last edited by GeriLynn; 02-18-2021 at 07:43 AM. Reason: added to message
Old 01-23-2022, 12:01 PM
sepmaret11
JOURNEYMAN

Recently I unloaded a bunch of Blu Rays on eBay, we’re not talking big money here. One guy bought four off of me, two of which were brand new and sealed. About a week later, the guy files a return request on one of the four, claiming it doesn’t work. Fine, I give him the money back, it would cost more to ship it back than it’s worth. Second week, requests a return on a second item, same result, I just give him back the money to avoid the hassle. Finally, week three he tries it again, and this time I go to eBay to point out his obvious and structured attempt at defrauding me. So eBay sends the guy a return label at their expense, and ultimately I never hear from the guy again and the dispute is ruled in my favor.

Last edited by Harbone; 01-24-2022 at 03:58 AM.