Super Victor or Dart SBC 23 Degree Intake?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Default Super Victor or Dart SBC 23 Degree Intake?

So, which one makes the most HP out of the box? And, which one makes the most HP after porting?

Also, the Super Victor PN 2925 lists for around $230.00 and the Dart PN 4241-1000 lists for about $400.00. The Dart is almost twice the the Super Victor, so is it worth that much more in HP?

Warren
Old 04-10-2010, 03:35 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

HARD TO SAY,IM SURE EVERONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION,THE SV 2925 OUT OF THE BOX IS KINDA ROUGH UNDER THE CARB BUT THAT CAN BE CLEANED UP.230.00 VS 400.00 I WENT WITH THE SV 2925 AND HAD IT PORT MATCHED.THE ONLY WAY I WOULD CHANGE IS IF SOME COMPANY DID A TEST AND COULD PROVE ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER BY A WIDE MARGIN.
JMO
Old 04-10-2010, 04:29 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
HARD TO SAY,IM SURE EVERONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION,THE SV 2925 OUT OF THE BOX IS KINDA ROUGH UNDER THE CARB BUT THAT CAN BE CLEANED UP.230.00 VS 400.00 I WENT WITH THE SV 2925 AND HAD IT PORT MATCHED.THE ONLY WAY I WOULD CHANGE IS IF SOME COMPANY DID A TEST AND COULD PROVE ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER BY A WIDE MARGIN.
JMO
DoorRacer (Curtis) send me this link, which I was very impressed with the HP gains after porting the Victor. But, I don't want to discount the possible potential performance of a Dart intake.

http://1320techtalk.com/viewtopic.ph...t=super+victor

I'm currently running a Wheeler intake that I port-matched myself (basicall got it free), but I'm looking for a better inake and a few HP gain.

Warren
Old 04-10-2010, 04:48 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Warren, call and talk to Chad the guy who has 1320techtalk. He is a pretty straight up guy. He can tell you if it would be worth the money.

Curtis
Old 04-10-2010, 06:20 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by doorracer
Warren, call and talk to Chad the guy who has 1320techtalk. He is a pretty straight up guy. He can tell you if it would be worth the money.

Curtis
Curtis,

That is a great idea, I'll give him a call Monday and see what he has to say about both intakes! I'm sure I can't go wrong with the Super Victor, however, the Dart may be the better option.

I'm sooo.... close to 8s with this car I can almost smell them! So, I'm looking for another small performance upgrade that will give me a few more HP. Another upgrade is a vacuum pump ($850.00 typically), I'm currently running the collector vac tubes. I've spent a lot of money already this season to get everything set up and really need to cut back on the spending. But maybe I could fit a new intake into the budget.

Also, with some good air the Cavalier may go into the 8s as it is (9.0Xs last weekend) and it has been very consistent.

Warren
Old 04-10-2010, 06:33 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

We were down in your neck of the woods Fri. and Sat. at my daughters house. I would have loved to have the time to come out to the track, but we were helping at there house and I was on a ride along early Sat. morning with my son-in-law. My son-in-law is a OKC police officer down there. You might have seen him on TV. His name is Paco Balderrama, he was the spokesperson for the department for about 3 years. I am going to make it down there before the year is done though. I want to see that nice Cavalier make it into the eights.

Curtis
Old 04-11-2010, 06:28 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

5-6 yrs ago .. I did 4 intakes on my 434 a dart wilson was the fastest, pro products next, victor jr, followed by a super victor.

Super victor was 2 tenths slower then Dart Wilson ... never could get that intake to perform. 23 degree afr 227's worked over by Rons
Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by doorracer
We were down in your neck of the woods Fri. and Sat. at my daughters house. I would have loved to have the time to come out to the track, but we were helping at there house and I was on a ride along early Sat. morning with my son-in-law. My son-in-law is a OKC police officer down there. You might have seen him on TV. His name is Paco Balderrama, he was the spokesperson for the department for about 3 years. I am going to make it down there before the year is done though. I want to see that nice Cavalier make it into the eights.

Curtis
Curtis,

I've seen your son-in-law on TV many times! Wish you could have made it out to the track Saturday night for our TVRP bracket race (spectator or whatever).

The air wasn't too good Saturday, around 2700 DA, but the Cavalier went 9.11 @ 148.9 MPH first time down the track Saturday afternoon. I got off to a good start and won first round, then took myself out 2nd round with a -.023 red light. Ouch! I also went down to Ardmore on Sunday and won a few rounds. It went 5.79 in the 1/8 mile.

Warren
Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Your car is flying no doubt. Let me know what Chad says about your intake. A tenth is quite a bit to pick up there, but I hope you do. I will make it out there soon to meet you in person. If it doesn't rain Fri. I am going to take my junk to test and tune. Hoping to run some 9.80s before I slow it down. NHRA track now and my chassis won't certify.

Curtis
Old 04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

I talked with Chad today, I had forgot he is just across the state line in Hays Kansas.

Anyway, his preference is the Super Victor. But, that seemed to be based more on personal preference than anything else (and not dyno numbers, Victor-v-Dart). I also got his prices for reworking the Victor (Plenum area and port matching).

He also said the Wheeler Hurricane intake I'm currently running has some performance attributes. So, that's good to know! And, I think I did some really good port-matching on it myself, which is the main reason I'm using it (pride in my work and also saved a few $$$$ by not buying a new intake). But now, I'm thinking outside the box and considering other intake options for a few more HP.

Warren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -