Mono shock front suspension dragsters

Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by sgchevy2nova
david if you have a racespace you can go on there and search for profiles and type in cx89 and it will pop up and will have pictures of it
This car is actually somewhat local for me, I've seen it a few times. Actually my dad talked to him a bit at bracket finals this past year. Car went deep a few times, I think you'd be more then happy with it.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
sgchevy2nova
JOURNEYMAN

well good i'm glad i talked to you tonight..what'd your dad talk to him about? if you dont mind me askin
Old 11-29-2008, 09:01 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

well good i'm glad i talked to you tonight..what'd your dad talk to him about? if you dont mind me askin
My dad is a talker (more then me) he see's a car with the front suspension he always ask about it, yet to find someone who isnt happy with it. Diamond does awesome work.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:07 PM
sgchevy2nova
JOURNEYMAN

good deal we had just heard about the front suspension allowing the car to bounce top end when it is under power which caused a guy to have a wreck is what we heard but we also heard that he had hit the transbrake top end so who knows the truth there haha and yeh he said he was running 5.0 in the car for 1/8th mile and 8.0 quarter mile so the car has to work halfway decent to do that haha but we should run some 4.90s or 4.80s with our motor and hope to put a 555 or 565 in it in the next year or so which should get it down to 4.60s like most of the dragster down here run now
Old 11-29-2008, 09:12 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

good deal we had just heard about the front suspension allowing the car to bounce top end when it is under power which caused a guy to have a wreck is what we heard but we also heard that he had hit the transbrake top end so who knows the truth there haha and yeh he said he was running 5.0 in the car for 1/8th mile and 8.0 quarter mile so the car has to work halfway decent to do that haha but we should run some 4.90s or 4.80s with our motor and hope to put a 555 or 565 in it in the next year or so which should get it down to 4.60s like most of the dragster down here run now
The front would bottom out the shock before it bounced that far, I'd bet no fault of the front. There has been a lot of "copy cats" to the front but Dan Davies (owner of Diamond) & Ricky Adkins when they worked together designed the deal. A 4.80 car gets down any track anytime, I changed parts and added stuff to make my car go from 4.6's to high 4.7's. Would get down a side street now
Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
sgchevy2nova
JOURNEYMAN

so you would trust this thing at 4.50s or 4.60s easily?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:15 PM
sgchevy2nova
JOURNEYMAN

do you think the car would need slip joints from what i understood is that he had the slipjoints tied off or welded up so all it is now is just the front suspension only
Old 11-29-2008, 09:18 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

so you would trust this thing at 4.50s or 4.60s easily?
Yes easily, I've been 4.6's@147 without any type of suspension and seen the front only go 4.44 before.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:20 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

do you think the car would need slip joints from what i understood is that he had the slipjoints tied off or welded up so all it is now is just the front suspension only
It should have no slips now, Dan gets rid of them when adding the front, no real need for them the front suspension does all of the work they used to do.

If you go to the search on rj and type in Diamond, there is a 2007 Diamond, notice how the front is lifting up square and taking all the hit of the launch. There was a guy @ Diamond last winter getting his car updated , he had his old hardtail updated for some outlaw track down south the winter before. No other changes picked up a tenth, most of which was in the 60ft.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:25 PM
sgchevy2nova
JOURNEYMAN

wow now your making us wana go get it tomorrow instead of having to wait till next saturday haha we've never traded before and just real worried about getting something that were not sure about but the way your talking and the guy who owns the car are talking i should be very happy with the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -