DON'T BUY FRAM OIL FILTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

That'd be the thing to do ! FIND an attorney who HAS had a 'FRAM EXPERIENCE', load him / her up with personal and documented stories and let 'er rip.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

GEE whatever happened to pay me now or pay me later!!!! remember that commercial in the 70s...
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

What state allows lawyers in small claims court? did you have the filter as evidence? Bill
Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is way sad. A common American cannot get compensated when screwd & has to have a lawyer to even have a case??? That is BS!! Well, you have us... word of mouth between us all is pretty damaging too. Here is one thing we should all do....

Let's find out the contact info for FRAM (maybe the president/CEO) & all e-mail the pricks individually. We should explain any defects we have had, and what we plan on doing in the future in reagrds to FRAM. We can tell them that we will tell the world that they do not back up their product, do not take resonsibility, we will no longer buy them, & we will tell everyone we know in the automotive world. We should make a post soon & start e-mailing them right away. This is wrong!!!

So if I understand correctly, if you would have had a lawyer represent you, you would have won the case??? Man, that is wrong.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

The Judge in know uncertain terms said I should have a Lawyer representing me. I just felt I didn't have the extra $$$'s it would take to hire a lawyer and then still have the chance of losing anyway. I live in Ohio so I don't really know what the rules are when it comes to small claims in other states. I thought I would have a fare chance in small claims . I guess not! It's the same old stuff the HUGE corporation screws the little guy!!! I think we should get our own campaign together and go to all of the race tracks and show everyone what can happen to their motors if they use Fram filters!!! I know that I may have used the wrong filter but I think its not about that as much as it is about their misleading advertising.The box has the NHRA logo and they don't say anything anywhere that their standard oil filters can't or shouldn't be used on a HP motor. That is misleading!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by billhendren
What state allows lawyers in small claims court? did you have the filter as evidence? Bill
Kentucky, I can't say about the others...

Originally Posted by superbadass468
The Judge in know uncertain terms said I should have a Lawyer representing me....
...The box has the NHRA logo and they don't say anything anywhere that their standard oil filters can't or shouldn't be used on a HP motor. That is misleading!!!!!!
I think most judges (or at least the ones I have dealt with) take offense to the average Joe presenting his case. I get the impression that their attitude is if you're going to present your case (in HIS courtroom) you need to know everything about courtroom procedure and the law. I had to take a car lot to small claims court and my lawyer told me I should just present my case without his help, that it would be a slam dunk. I didn't feel good about doing that and talked him into going with me. I won and I know it sounds cliche' but it was about principle and not a matter of spending anything I would collect on legal fees. It sure felt good.

I don't think it matters if it was used on a hp application. The problems I have ran into with them was on stock daily drivers.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
cpgeneration
SHOW GUEST

Default alternate to fram

we have used system 1 filters on race equipment with great results, 70 wt oil 120-140 lbs, can be cleaned in solvent, just replace the o rings, and you can see if the engine is making any kind of trash maybe before it is too late..
Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
lastfbody
SHOW GUEST

Default No Fram Filters.

I totally agree with tazracing. The 51061R is the right filter for racing as far as spin on paper filters are concerned. Engine builders such as Huntsville Engines and others recommend this one.

It is a wix filter (this is the NAPA number). If you have your NAPA guy look it up for you in their filter book, it says that it is designed for use in engines that are using high volume oil pumps - flows more. I have seen them somewhere on line for as little as $12+. A very good insurance policy.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:36 PM
lastfbody
SHOW GUEST

Default No Fram Filters.

This forum and others like it will get Fram what they deserve for not responding to their problems. Let everybody know and keep replying until Fram has had enough. Someone should have a decal made up that says Fram filters with the circle that has a line across it and all of you that have experienced this problem should put them on your race cars, trailers, etc. It will likely (hopefully) draw media attention. It would be cheaper than and more effective than a lawyer.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Lastfbody-

I am w/ you this one!! I like the sticker idea too. Does that Wix # work well on a remote spin on as well?? I would like to try it... I have been using a K & N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -