money orders

Old 03-24-2010, 06:09 AM
jvaughn28
SHOW GUEST

Default money orders

just sold some parts to a guy thats not from the same state as i am he said hes sending money order for parts. i told him wont send parts until money order clears. is there anything i should look for to make sure this is not a fake and i am getting scammed?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

I would ask for a Postal Money Order. Or have him go to Wal Mart and send it through them. Then you can pick up the cash at your local Wal Mart.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

X2, postal or WM, you cannot physically look at a MO and tell if it's fake, even banks have problems. Either way donot ship the parts until the funds have cleared or you have the cash in your hand and i don't mean cash from your bank, because if they later find out it fake they will charge you back for the cash.

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:45 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Postal M.O

I disagree with you on not shipping parts until A POSTAL M.O. Clears? I purchase & Sell all my parts accepting Postal M.O & have never had a problem.thats something every seller needs to be upfront about,Not after they recieve the funds..I have had that happen to me & it really pisses me off!!! I can assure sellers of one thing,you tell me I have to wait until a Postal M.O clears & I wont be buying your parts..Thats the reason I use them & Not Personal Checks..I guarentee your selling will go to zero with that policy---JMO
Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default MO

Wanye,
You and I and Dead on on that DEAL!
When You send Me a POSTAL MONEY ORDER,Your Parts go OUT the DAY I Receive the Money Order!!!With a Phone Call with Your tracking INFO?
They can be Checked @ the Post Office,if you have a Reason to be in Doubt!
Later
G 8)
Old 03-31-2010, 12:38 PM
jvaughn28
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the info, i did recieve a postal m.o. and the post office cashed it that day and the parts where shipped same day, just wasnt sure because i know you can buy m.o about anywhere. so i will be sure in the future that it has to be a postal money order..