RACER CAUTION/ GENE GLASER in SHEPHERDSVILLE KY

Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 AM
DAN1320
SHOW GUEST

Default RACER CAUTION/ GENE GLASER in SHEPHERDSVILLE KY

:evil: beware he sold me a $70,000 toter and stacker, i took his WORD as a man that it needed no repair,s, bull contacted him several times last i heard from he said he would refund me a $ 1,000 and i was asking him for $2,000 which is fair i spent over 4,000 in repair,s first 30 day,s of ownig it, when he said he would send me money he admitted then he had done me and my family wrong still waiting 4 month,s later. my caution to you all he has other item,s on rj .AD#1007629 ad#1070183 ad#1070160 my self i have been around drag racing sense 1973 , this is a caution
Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

IMO .. how can you get on here and say this ? Did it need repairs yes did you spend the money to fix it yes ... but .. but did you also not look at it before you purchased it ? or have local mechanic look at it before you put the money into play, this is always 50/50 deal as a buyer you always always cover your own rear !!

Sorry you got hosed but you CAN NOT take everyones word on things. Sad but the truth !
Old 01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
DAN1320
SHOW GUEST

Default caution

hammertime.. let me see if i can answer your questions 1. i spoke to alot racer,s about this sale they felt other people should beware of it and that is what this sight is about SCAMMER,s and disonhonest people.2. he lied about the repairs he told me i could pick it up and drive anywhere.3. i had to fix right away i was leaving for califonia the next day with it and he knew that (what would you do? 4. no i took his word he send me picture,s and said over and over it did not need anything. your 50/50 deal is bullshit i have been dragracing a long time this guy took me end of story. bill of sale didn,t say AS IS either.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: caution

Originally Posted by DAN1320
hammertime.. let me see if i can answer your questions 1. i spoke to alot racer,s about this sale they felt other people should beware of it and that is what this sight is about SCAMMER,s and disonhonest people.2. he lied about the repairs he told me i could pick it up and drive anywhere.3. i had to fix right away i was leaving for califonia the next day with it and he knew that (what would you do? 4. no i took his word he send me picture,s and said over and over it did not need anything. your 50/50 deal is bullshit i have been dragracing a long time this guy took me end of story. bill of sale didn,t say AS IS either.
THE REALLY, REALLY BAD AND SAD PART OF THIS IS YOU SPENT $70,000 AND DID NOT GO LOOK AT IT OR HAVE SOMEONE FROM THE AREA LOOK AT ITI AM SORRY BUT I DON'T CARE [ THE GUY PROBABLY LIED TO YOU !!!] YOU DID NOT THINK TOO HARD OR YOU WOULD HAVE CHECKED IT OUT ops: ops: --IF PEOPLE WOULD COME HERE AND ASK BEFORE THEY BUY-- SOMEONE IN THAT AREA MIGHT HAVE CUT YOU A DEAL TO GO CHECK IT FOR YOU :idea:

HAMMERTIME WAS CORRECT 8) 8) --BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN DEALING RACE STUFF SINCE1969 8) 8) I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING :x :x ---LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I kind of have mixed feelings on this. I was raised to be taught that a man's word is to be good. I have done business like this and try to always do business by this standard.I understand where Dan1320 is coming from and too would call the man a liar.

The other side of me also says that times have changed. There is a whole world wide market out there for people to go after. The internet opened it up for people to take advantage of each other. It is sad but what Hammertime and Lively say is more accurate of how our society has evolved. You should always inspect or have someone inspect a purchase like this. This is not a small investment you have made. Understand that there are people that bank on you being far enough away that once they sell you something, they will never see you to deal with you again.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
blaneym
APPRENTICE

My opinion is that this doesn't belong in a scammer thread or posting. You two may have a disagreement, but that isn't a scam. You need to work this out with Gene not on this thread.
I've been racing with Gene for several years, and several others that have known him for many years and have never heard anything bad about him.

Remember you bought a used vehicle from an individual, not a truck dealership so whatever you two work out is better than most people will do for you in this situation.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:23 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

not taking sides here at all..but it is a used unit.things go bad..it doesn't matter how much you look and kick the tires when buying a car you can not predick when and if things are going to break or wear out.i was a service manger years back at a ford dealership and we had new cars that would break on car hauler so had to fix them just to get them unloaded.you can not tell by looking when something is going to break.
there is guys on here that puts me to shame on how much they know and there fabications skills and i'd put money on it that not one mech/builder can test drive a car and tell you that the trans will go another xmiles before it breaks or a water pump will start leaking in 2 weeks.
remember 1 thing..these are cars/trucks and they can break at any time..
i do understand your concern..that is a lot of money to put out for something then get home with it and got to spend money on it already..but if everyone thinks about it..how many times has this happen to each and everyone of use?that is way we sell things AS IS...we can tell the buyer that nothing will go wrong for the next 60 days..it can't be done..
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 AM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

I have to agree with Hammertime also.

one of the guys I race with bought a motorhome on a Freightliner chassic 2 years ago, it was a private sale. Lots of pictures, list of services that had been done. He gets on a plane, flies 7 hours to see the unit, drove it in town and on the highway. Was ready to have the money transfered over to the guy. The last things they had to do was take it the local Freightliner dealer and have the unit go through a thorough inspection. They also took it to a RV service shop do a once over on the fridge stove holding tanks etc. Freightliner gave him the report and the RV place did like wise. The unit had a couple of items that would require attn. but nothing major. They did the deal and 3 days later he drove the unit home.

Before they even started on the price, the guy selling the motorhome told my buddy if we can't agree on a number. I'll pay you for the inspections you had done. That way I can show the next guy what the repairs were and that I have fixxed them.

In a private sale you have to be careful and 70K is a lot of money