Backfiring while driving, not while sitting still?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:11 AM
scrommer
SHOW GUEST

Default misfire under load.

I was browsing as a new member and curious as to what subjects are discussed and found your forum. The only answer I saw as correct for your particular symptoms was a bad cam which can happen very quickly on a new motor if certain things come into play. If you checked to see if a rocker arm seemed to not be moving a proper lift that would indicate a worn cam lobe. These things happen and I'd be intereted in knowing if you did solve your problem. Phil D.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Trailerpro
APPRENTICE

Well, after a few beers and a little turning of a wrench, I added a shim under the rocker arm on the intake side of the #1, and presto-chango no more popping! I guess when I had my heads done, the valve seat was off just enough to make the difference. After 2-1/2 years, I finally got the grin back on my face when I took it for a drive!

Thank You Everyone for all the help and replies!!! I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

Thanks again!!!

John T.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

John,

Glad you figured it out. NOTHING is like that grin you mentioned after all that hard work. It is a closure that brings much pride & happiness... kind of like an automotive orgasm.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by DADMOD93
Originally Posted by Trailerpro
They're non-adjustable.
GOOGLE CRANE CAMS WG1108K Then click on the top choice (Jeg's) and look at *** NOTE. I'm with Gimmemud , something is wrong in the the adjustment of an intake valve. Too much preload on an intake lifter ???

Check the valves settings
again