BURNOUT

Old 11-23-2008, 06:39 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

No Zip I don't know this guy. Its just that I think his problem is seen all over. We take burnouts for granite. IMO more parts are hurt in the water box than any where else. Its a thread that I thought might hit home with quite of few newer racers that might be having some of the same problems and not want say out loud. If you get a chance, to go to the line and watch you'll be surprised at some of the things racers do from the burnout to the line. Kinda scary sometimes. I've seen racers do their burnout in the water and come to the line with water dripping down on and in front of the rear tire. Then complain that the track isnt biting when they almost take out the tree or the other car next to them. Hopefully some of those racers will look at threads like this.
take care zip
Old 11-23-2008, 05:22 PM
TYSON14
APPRENTICE

Went to the track today. i hooked my two step up and a 6000rpm chip. Just held it to the floor got it in second pretty kwick. It did a hole lot better but my line locks wont hold for about 3 sec then they release. I think it is leaking threw.thanks for the help.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
TYSON14
APPRENTICE

here is my times 60ft...1.645....330...4.699...1/8...7.297... how does these sound?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds great. Where you racing this time of year.?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:47 AM
TYSON14
APPRENTICE

alabama internatial dragway in steale alabama. There was about 20 cars there but it was great if you are tuning. We moved the timing a little. I want to run the 6.0 class but we are a long way off. Need more motor...
Old 11-25-2008, 03:54 AM
BillyShope
CRAFTSMAN

Excellent post, dparker!! At my site, I am constantly harping on the importance of equal rear tire loading on launch. Too often, the response is: Hey, I'm going straight down the track, so everything must be all right!

Yeah, you may be going straight down the track, but, with uneven tire loading, you're losing performance AND increasing the accident risk.