QUICKCHANGE INFO

Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default QUICKCHANGE INFO

OK GUYS --I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU THINK A QUICKCHANGE WOULD HOLD UP ON A STREET STRIP COMBO LIKE I AM BUILDING--I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY :? BUT I AM AT TIMES :shock: :shock: --63 RANCHERO/400 HORSE/AUTOMATIC/2600 POUNDS WITH DRIVER/ 4 .10 -5.13 IN THE GEAR RANGE/---ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME BUT I AM SERIOUS ABOUT IT!! THANKS ALOT DENNIS
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:idea: :idea: I WOULD STILL LIKE SOME INPUT-----THANKS :lol: :lol:
Old 08-15-2007, 04:10 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

lively all I can tell you is I have seen a guy a long time ago do mid 11's in one of them English looking cars I dont know the name of it its like a real small bus. And he had a quick change in his.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Dennis i come from a round track background and i can tell you NO on the Strip part of this....it can never handle the serious launch part of it. they are not made for hard launches but rather very high speeds and corning (turns) which is also a problem (read below)

Now if you were just street crusing then i would say YES no doubt...but even then you would need to take out the Ratchet internals...Most of your quick change rear ends have this ratchet type set up for the round track cars to be able to free up the rear end and turn in the corners....problem is when your street driving and going into the most MINOR turn it will almost make the car feel like its slidding out from underneath you..
To give you a good idea how it feels..imgaine going into the slighest turn and the rear end housing sliding 2 ft to which ever direction turn you are making...

there are ways to beef up these rear ends but still would not be cost effective to what you are wanting to do...a 9 inch or good bullet proof 8.8 would suit you best in my opinion

if you decide you want one of these QUICK CHANGE rear ends...let me know i have access to them.

PS..sorry about the long wait on REPLY for some reason i just didn't see this post until tonight....

thanks brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-15-2007, 06:14 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by lively
:idea: :idea: I WOULD STILL LIKE SOME INPUT-----THANKS :lol: :lol:
There you go lively with some real info. I was trying to help but I don't know anything yet.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:03 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WES AND BRIAN --YOU KNOW THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT INFO----[IF YOUR TOO STUBBORN TO ASK THEN YOU REALLY DON'T NEED THE ANSWER]---THANKS GUYS FOR THE INFO---IT WOULD LOOK AWESOME BUT I DON'T LIKE THINGS BREAKING AT THE WRONG TIME ops: ops: ops: -LIVELY