How have any of you guys done racing so far this season?

Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Still not so good so far. My trans brake isn't working. The solenoid is working, but it want hold when I push the gas. May have something to do with breaking the imput shaft the other week. IDK didly about transmission. Either it works or it does't and right now "it doesn't" so I'm gonna pull it tomorrow and send it and the converter off for repair. Still haven't been able to test the nos yet. :cry:

A pressure issue, something in a passage in the valve body is my guess.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Still not so good so far. My trans brake isn't working. The solenoid is working, but it want hold when I push the gas. May have something to do with breaking the imput shaft the other week. IDK didly about transmission. Either it works or it does't and right now "it doesn't" so I'm gonna pull it tomorrow and send it and the converter off for repair. Still haven't been able to test the nos yet. :cry:

A pressure issue, something in a passage in the valve body is my guess.

That's what I'm thinking. It doesn't back up on the brake, runs and it shifts fine, the brake just want hold.
Pulling it out tonight and sending it and the converter to Alan Pope. I'll let you know what he finds.

And drilling holes in the helment tomorrow. No jets, just staright nos from the hose, Full strength! :shock:
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Well had a pretty good time sunday testing spare trans. The car slowed down with spare trans and converter. I only had a 3800 stall to put in were i had 5500 before, I sent out 5500 to get flushed out and check cant wait to get back.

I got called out by some bro's and the race was on i had to take off my wheelly bars and run heads up pro tree. As they allways do he pulled both bulbs before i got a chance to prestage. I just took my time rolling in making him wait and hell he just tried to get the jump and pulled the get big red mator. The money was good. I dont know if i had them covered as they seen my motor pass and the next on the spray. The race was for everything turned on spray for spray well hell ya just my kind of race. He got out three cars and i was surprised that i pulled on him up to 600ft and then he lifted. I had a good time with some friends that have never been before.

Robert Fla
Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

We did end up getting rained out the 23rd. Good thing for me. Pulled my rearend to put a new yoke on so I can get my data recorder on. When we pulled the cover off it had 7 broken or cracked teeth. The broken ones looked fresh. Could have been really bad and taken the tranny with it. :shock: :shock: :shock: Have the new parts on the way. Should be ready for the race on the 15th.

Curtis
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Went testing on 4/30. Trying out the changes: Heads ported, new cam, bigger carb, and new headers. Had problems with the carb on the first two passes, lifted at 1000' and coasted to a 9.28@ 140. Put my old carb back on then my crank trigger started acting up. Wouldn't rev past 6500 and went 9.17@ 145. I'm pretty sure getting the rpm's up to 7400 it would be 9.0's maybe even better.
All said I'm happy with the results.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Not too good this past weekend, Can't seem to get off the redlight's, ops: ops: Since switching to alky injection it responds alot quicker :!:

Mark
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
We did end up getting rained out the 23rd. Good thing for me. Pulled my rearend to put a new yoke on so I can get my data recorder on. When we pulled the cover off it had 7 broken or cracked teeth. The broken ones looked fresh. Could have been really bad and taken the tranny with it. :shock: :shock: :shock: Have the new parts on the way. Should be ready for the race on the 15th.

Curtis
It's amazing how sometimes something will break and while repairing it, we find a more serious issue that could have had catastrophic results......
Looks like ya'll been out racin' with and without Mr Murphy Law !
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Finally made it out last weekend. Got about 35 pounds off the car and the new motor in the dragster is running solid. It was 4.762 to the 1/8 and 7.501 to the 1/4. Really right were I want to be 1/4 mile so no -15 suit is required.

The S-10 was a bit surprising. I was figuring the 11.30-.11.40 range but when the dust settled it was 6.80 to the 1/8 and 10.72 to the 1/4. The 4.10 gear and 1.76 glide combo is perfect for the small tire. It doesn't lift a wheel and is 1.52 to the 60'. This was a budget build.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Here is from this past weekend
Mid Michigan Motorplex, Dial for Dollars

Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

this sunday first shake down 2011
new slicks and new rear end
should be loads of fun!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -