Big Shot Fogger

Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Default Big Shot Fogger

Does any one know at what point the NOS big shoot fogger will quite flowing nitous. We had .036 in the Nitrous side and fixing to step up to a .040 size. This is with a single bottle. curious on how larger we could step up to. We are running the 1/8th mile and currently using about 2lbs per pass of nitrous.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:18 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Better add another bottle and use a larger braided nitrous line.

My boy only gets 3 to 4 runs on his street car with a 500 shot 3 staged progressive system
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Just curious about something...You guys that run Nitrous, Do you use the bottle til it's done or do you carry several with you and switch the bottle out often (only empty them part way) then refill/top them off later.....Just wondering because I would think the bottle pressure would change as you emptied it....I have never ran NOS and have wondered about that.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

I used a Big Shot plate system in my Camaro. It was good for 400 hp but would have killed my engine. I got 3 runs per bottle with it set at 275hp. I think a lot depends on what your engine can handle. If your sixty foots start dropping off, you may want to use less nitrous. Too much will bog you on the start line, blow your diff apart, break axles etc, or just f***k your engine - you know, detonation, torched heads, block, rings etc.

My Nova uses Speedtech foggers, two systems. I hit the first system with 400 hp and the 2nd at between .4 and 1 sec after launch with 300hp. I was running one bottle but pressure was dropping off too much. I plumbed up a second bottle for the second system.

I get two runs from each bottle before changing. If you let the bottle get too empty, there will be a fast drop off in pressure during the run. If pressure drops below about 850 lbs, the entire contents turns to gas and is no good. By the way, anything over 1060 pounds will be all gas too. You need to be between 950 and 1000 lbs to ensure its all liquid and you have enough pressure to run the systems properly.

Good luck.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

x2

Regulating the pressure is where its at. and to answer your question, I never get to use all the nitrous in the bottle. Once the pressure drops below 800 to 850 its time for a refill. sucks huh?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ashbros
x2

Regulating the pressure is where its at. and to answer your question, I never get to use all the nitrous in the bottle. Once the pressure drops below 800 to 850 its time for a refill. sucks huh?
That's why I went with a blower. It's ALWAYS full. :shock: 8)
Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Sorry, I ment to say I am using the NOS Pro Shot Fogger Setup. Our class limits us to 1 bottle and it must be a 10lb bottle. Currently we are using anywhere from 3-4lb per pass I was wrong in the first comment. We are changing the bottle on everyrun. We are using 1 run per 1 bottle. Trying to get to a 4.40 in the 1/8th in a 2500lb door car. Mainly if I use a larger jet will if fall off on the top end or is 1 bottle enogh for an 1/8th mile. Probably going to try it this weekend if all goes well.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 PM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

One bottle is plenty for an 1/8th mile. Like I said, I can run 400 hp out of one bottle for an entire quarter mile.
A friend of mine runs 500 hp off the line, the entire quarter.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:38 PM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
One bottle is plenty for an 1/8th mile. Like I said, I can run 400 hp out of one bottle for an entire quarter mile.
A friend of mine runs 500 hp off the line, the entire quarter.
That answers my question. Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Ok, got the new converter in the car. It locked up at 4500 on the transbrake with the chip out. Going to try and see what it will run on a 30-36 shot in the fogger. I want to know how much the converter helped or hurt me. After that I will step up on the pills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -