How long should I wait?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
spikelinton
SHOW GUEST

you would be better off laying the color down for the stripes(in the area where the stripes are going to be, of course), then tape the stripes off, and base the rest of the car the color it's going to be, and the dry time for the base depends on how wet you put the paint down, the reducer you use, and the temperature at which you are spraying.... the reason i say it's best to base the stripe color first, is because the stripes are a smaller area to tape up, versus the whole rest of the car, just to spray the stripes, because overspray finds the most inconvenient places to land, and you'll just have to rebase the areas that it did overspray. if the stripes are totally covered, there's no worry that there will be overspray on them, just make sure you "seal" all of the edges with tape, and don't let the main color get under any of your masked stripes, or you'll just have to touch up the stripes....
Old 11-30-2008, 10:36 AM
koab26
SHOW GUEST

YOU CAN PURCHASE THAT DUPLICOLOR PAINT AT YOU LOCAL O'REILLY AUTO PARTS STORES. IT DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER THAN THIS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHAKE OR STIR THE PAINT LOAD IT IN YOUR SPRAY GUN AND SHOOT. THEY ALSO SELL THIS IN ONE GALLON SIZE JUST ASK, DON'T LAUGH GUYS BUT FOR THIS PAST SEASON I PAINTED MY DIRT CAR WITH PAINT FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY, NEW HOLLAND YELLOW :lol: STILL LAUGHING HUH! I RACE IN THE IMCA DRIVING A STOCK CAR. FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE 2008 MY CAR WON BEST LOOKING CAR IN THE NATION. I DID ALL OF THE PREP WORK MYSELF AND SPENT A GRAND TOTAL OF AROUND 130.00 BUCKS FOR EVERYTHING. SO YES THIS CAN BE DONE YOU CAN CHECK MY PROFILE SEE WHAT YOU THINK.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
prostreet1972
JOURNEYMAN

I did the same thing with a 78 Malibu I had in high school. Massey Fergusson Red, it was definately red. My dad called it "arrest me red". It looked really good, and I didn't even put any hardner in it. Just got a bug up my a** and decided to do it one day in the back yard. Worst part was bugs getting in it after dark, haha.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by koab26
YOU CAN PURCHASE THAT DUPLICOLOR PAINT AT YOU LOCAL O'REILLY AUTO PARTS STORES. IT DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER THAN THIS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHAKE OR STIR THE PAINT LOAD IT IN YOUR SPRAY GUN AND SHOOT. THEY ALSO SELL THIS IN ONE GALLON SIZE JUST ASK, DON'T LAUGH GUYS BUT FOR THIS PAST SEASON I PAINTED MY DIRT CAR WITH PAINT FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY, NEW HOLLAND YELLOW :lol: STILL LAUGHING HUH! I RACE IN THE IMCA DRIVING A STOCK CAR. FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE 2008 MY CAR WON BEST LOOKING CAR IN THE NATION. I DID ALL OF THE PREP WORK MYSELF AND SPENT A GRAND TOTAL OF AROUND 130.00 BUCKS FOR EVERYTHING. SO YES THIS CAN BE DONE YOU CAN CHECK MY PROFILE SEE WHAT YOU THINK.
Thanks for the advice
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 PM
200horse
APPRENTICE

agree do the strips first. And on your edges make sure the tape is 100 $ tight on the body. Dont leave any holes in the tape paper

if you need to know anyhing e-mail me at [email protected] and i will give you my number to explain everything better

god luck