What The Heck is Trade Value?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

I kinda see both sides point, me personally if I was selling my car for 15,000 or trade, I wouldn't put the trade value higher. If someone had a trade I liked and thought was fair I would trade. If they where asking 15,000 for their car and I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't trade. If they where asking 13,000 for their car and I thought it was a good trade so be it, I would trade.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:08 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Trade value is list price. Cash price is actual value.
JMO
Dave
Old 11-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Guys,

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. You cannot deny "trade value is higher" sounds fishey... I personally think it is pretty bold in this economy... but that is just me.

Bottom line, it is trying to combine two TOTALLY different transactions into one. They are separate... a trade is a trade, & a cash sale is cash sale. My opinion is NEGOTIATE the deal as it comes in to play... trying to negotiate a deal in the ad is like trying to win a poker game before the chips are out. Are we good negotiators??? or do sellers KILL their buyer base before a phone call because of a poor ad that sounds cocky??? A deal should be a man to man transaction with communication & executed clearly. Not some ad that defines the basis of 2 transactions BEFORE it even starts!!! I am like Lively, NO THANKS ON THE "TRADE VALUE IS HIGHER" ADS.... I WON'T EVEN CALL.... KEEP YOUR HEAVENLY CAR OF GOLD. JMO!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:15 PM
racer1
SHOW GUEST

Default re

These are all good opinions. It clears up some of the issues.

It sounds sort of like going to a car dealer and trying to trade something in. You know what I mean. The dealer always tells you your trade in is worthless and they will take it "off of your hands" for half of what it is worth and be doing you a huge favor. Then the next day they give it a bath and put it back out on their lot and ask double for it. Then when you try and buy it, it is all of the sudden the most valuable thing on the planet.

When I trade with people, I decide what each item is worth as a cash value and trade from there. If it is close to the same value and it is something I want, I trade with this person. I don't try and squeeze extra cash out of them.

I agree with the other post about when I see "Trade Value is Higher" I don't even bother with this person.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:45 PM
steakandracingfuel
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

hell. i have tried undertrading just to try to get myself what i needed and still got this same kinda runaround --well mine is worth this much. well howdy doody--mine is too, i just lowballed a trade to you because you have what i am looking for and you have it priced such and such.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I look at it this way, If mine is worth $20,000 and they are asking $20,000 cash price then we are even,Why not trade? Just because i am asking $20,000 doesn't mean they can ask $24,000 trade :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 11-27-2009, 08:19 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I traded a race/pro street car for a tube chassis race car two months ago it is the nova in my pro file i sold this car two years ago and bought it back when i sold the car i got 18K for it rolling i bought it back for 15K rolling raced it for another year and traded it for the Malibu i got now even and met the guy half way five hour trip for both of us.
The car i traded for was on here for sale last year for 12.500 and i talked to the guy that had it a couple of times last year i could have bought this car for 11K but decided that i would just keep racing the nova .

I traded and got what i wanted he got what he wanted so should have i ask him for more money ?

As long as you both get what you want you both should be happy and not worry about what it is worth my car fit his bill and his mine good deal both ways .

And if they have trade value higher i go on by but that's just me.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:50 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

gosh, no one seems to understand how it works... :shock:
Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Oh yeah we get it :!: :!: They are trying to rip someone getting more than what theirs is worth, saying the other person's isn't worth enough :!: :!: How do you think they would like it if the table's were turned on them :?: :?: I agree with ''Lively'' i just move on :!: :!: Are you one of these type of people that put's trade value higher than what you are asking :?: If so then you in a round about way could be listed one section down :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
from the quiet one
Old 11-27-2009, 09:08 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

people in hell want ice water, dont mean there gonna get it!! over priced crap sits, just that simple. :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -