What's wrong with some people....................

Old 02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Parker,
Try the website listed below.

www.mortec.com

fishman, did you and your boy ever buy that gasser?
You are right about watching your dough and these conmen, they are an ever present danger, the economy adding even more pressure. It does blow me away the folks that don't do ANY research at all about what they are buying. :?

I will NEVER complain about a man asking questions about my item/cars. I will NEVER complain about someone asking for more pictures, I can provide happily. I WILL complain when some jackleg makes a DEAL with you, then acts like an arroganot s.o.b. because his wife denied him permission, because his cat died, he was in the hospital, his Mom flew in from Alaska, well, you get the idea. If you need to back out of a deal, do it nicely. I lost no money nor did I lose my item, that is the only reason I did not call him by name. He is from Apex,NC though. What I did do though was change my morning plans to accomidate the bums request for shipping cost so he could mail m.o., which in turn has a domino affect on the rest of the morning. No biggie though, I dropped the price $20.00, but it is still $168 to him :!: :wink:
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i have told this story a while ago but worth telling again on this thread

about 5 yrs ago or MORE . i struck a deal roller for roller with a guy out of VA (hEAVYCHEVY1968). My 89 10.5 camaro for his 69 camaro super gas car..There was cash boot involved also (my end) and i was delivering car to VA from S.C....there was a big snow storm coming thru VA so we had to hurry up so i could get in and out.....It was low 30 degree's here in SC and raining HARD...We struck the deal around Thursday and i was to deliver the car Saturday..the catch was that my car was race ready and ( a bad mother i must say,very detailed plumbing etc..)...Anyhow i did not have a shop at that point in time ( process of building it)..i started pulling engine and tranny out of the car 10:00 pm Thursday night in the pouring COLD RAIN in my driveway on JACKSTANDS..No help except my wife holding a 6 cell flash light from up top while i layed on my back in the cold rain....i got the car tore down all the way about 2:00AM...COLD,SORE,HANDS BEAT ALL TO HELL,KNEES BRUISED,SEVERAL LUMPS ON MY HEAD. :shock:

I called the guy Friday Morning to set up final delivery arrangements ( touching base) and the man would not answer his phone...i tried to call him over and over with no answer..i finally sent him a "Get F***" Email and told him its a good thing we are sEveral states apart. AND I MEANT IT ! i did get a lame e-mail apologizing for what he did ..claiming he felt bad and told his wife this wasn't like hisself to do something like this...yadayadyada..

so i advertised the car as a roller and got a call from a Guy up in Pittsburg asking me was i the owner of MY CAR..i said of course i was..he then proceeded to tell me this HEAVYCHEVY1968 guy sent him pic's of my car trying to sell it to him a few weeks prior.....so now you get the picture...i figured Heavy Chevy was trying to pre-sale my car before he had it in hand or was trying to really SCREW someone BY SELLING A CAR THAT HE WAS NEVER GONNA OWN

I hear this HEAVYCHEVY1968 Guy ( Big George Cameron) is about 6ft 8 inches tall and weighs in a good 350lbs.....
At that time i could have cared less i would have taken this 220lbs frame of mine and run staright up is booootwahaaa and took a sharp left..

Big George if you are your buds read this..please understand its been 5 or more yrs ago since you hammered me...although i am not as worked up as i was at one time about this..i still have not forgot you..i see you posting ads on the classifieds...just remember if you ever come to S.C. be sure to let me know..i would love to give you a warm welcome you kindly deserve...TRUE SOUTHERN STYLE..

I did learn a great deal about trading on the internet from this deal :wink:

I apologize guys this was soooo long..but you had to hear it all to 1/2 appreciate what i went thru..just put yourself in my shoes.....

Now Rudy..i think mine just topped yours....lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

OH BOY !! Mine's bigger than YOURS, stories !! What will the winner get !!
This orta be GREAT entertainment for this month anyway !
Unfortunately I'm not able to compete THIS time...... :P :P
Old 02-03-2009, 05:57 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Brian,
I would still be pissed too :!: :!: S.O.B. deserves to have a good old fashioned beat down for that!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Man!! "in the rain" wife holding a D cell flashlight" lumps in head, beat UP, "in a driveway"... That would send me OVER THE EDGE!!! A road trip & a basball bat would have to be in order... hopefully I would remeber that I am trying to be a christain about then... but i think he would have got a beating anyways!! That is rough. Scooter
Old 02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

oh ya Guys..i would have gotten into some trouble had he been easier to get to. ( no joking !)

But the good thing that came out of it was a few things..1st- i learned a valuable lesson about internet and trading..i was just getting started with internet thing back then with trading and selling etc....

#2- once i had the car down to a roller i advertised it on RJ and ended up still selling it to a Guy from Norfolk VA.. he met me at Lowes Motor speed way in NC to take delivery of car...and yes i got a deposit before hand....

i am over it with Big George just never will forget what he did...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Juice-

a lttle side note... I had to live in Norfolk (by the naval base) for a couple of years. I went to Maury High School in Norfolk. Man that was a ROUGH PLACE!!! that school was hell... kept my head down & minded my own buisness quitely. Glad it all worked out for ya. Scoot
Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

Hey RUDY,About that gasser,My son became a victim of a Mopar plant closure up here in Delaware.So needless to say he could not think about buying the 39 Ford coupe we were looking turn into a gasser.I guess everyone is watching their money.FISHMANJOE
Old 02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

ya think he would say for sure or not lol
should always figure atleast 20-25 i have had to do that as well lol ppl piss ya off