The Big Boys are worried....

Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Breaking news (at least for me anyway) Dale Earnhardt Inc, is now known as Earnhardt/Ganassi Racing! Yep, the bigboys are teaming up, my guess is they have lived waaaaaay toooooo large and will soon be paying the piper! ops:
Old 11-14-2008, 09:22 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

NASCAR has suspended all testing at its sanctioned tracks next season in a cost-cutting measure that should help teams save several million dollars in their 2009 budgets. :shock: :shock:

Imagine that!! :roll:
Old 11-15-2008, 07:28 AM
AL5324
SHOW GUEST

I remember the day when I would sit on the edge of my concrete grandstand and watch real men in real cars RACE for a victory. Those days are indeed gone.
NASCAR can revitalize their sport. It just takes a little imagination; Start half the field in one direction, the other half in the opposite direction. Or, how about The Timken 250? Ball bearings blown onto the track in the middle of turn 4 at a given lap, chosen by a lottery winning viewer at home. Or, Boiler plate wall at the start finish line just hydraulically popping up on say, lap 112?
This would curb the cry baby factor down, and most of the fans would be back in the empty seats. :idea:
Old 11-15-2008, 04:32 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by AL5324
I remember the day when I would sit on the edge of my concrete grandstand and watch real men in real cars RACE for a victory. Those days are indeed gone.
NASCAR can revitalize their sport. It just takes a little imagination; Start half the field in one direction, the other half in the opposite direction. Or, how about The Timken 250? Ball bearings blown onto the track in the middle of turn 4 at a given lap, chosen by a lottery winning viewer at home. Or, Boiler plate wall at the start finish line just hydraulically popping up on say, lap 112?
This would curb the cry baby factor down, and most of the fans would be back in the empty seats. :idea:
I had a guy say the same thing about drag racing. He said to put 2 concrete walls at the finish line with a hole big enough for one car. Then let's see who gets there first.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

"boogity boogity bogity" lol
i stoped watchin as well it gets old 4 hours of a circle,and no in depth stuff
i would like to see it touch back on ground , it is so high dollar for nothing these days

i would like to see more weekend warrior racing televised
and rock crawling,and atv/motocross enduro's
i like nascar but it gets old after a hour
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Another one bites the dust......

MKM Racing Promotions have been putting on 3 Open Road Racing events in Nevada for many years. They recently announced a suspension of events for the near future, due to economic issues that are affecting them and racers. They were known for The Pony Express 130, Bonneville 100, Gamblers Run Twin 50, all very fun, well organized and safe events.

I'm sitting on a virgin race car that I was going to run in all 3 of these events cuz they are close by. So, I'll take her to the Salt in August instead and get as many runs in as I can to get my speed fix. I've also my dedicated pavement hill climb car for the interim. Getting our speed fixes are gonna be few and far between :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: