How to get into stock car racing without building a car?

Old 08-08-2021, 10:38 AM
RacingFan1408
SHOW GUEST

Default How to get into stock car racing without building a car?

I'm wondering if there are any ways to get involved in local short track stock car racing without having the money/space/experience to buy or build your own racecar.

I've always been a big racing fan, and after going to some races recently at my local short track, I've been interested more than ever in getting into racing myself. However, I live in an apartment and I'm not a mechanic, nor do I know anyone who has any racing experience, so buying or building my own stock car is not really an option. I lack the garage space to store and work on a car, the disposable income and expertise required to build a car, as well as any means of transporting a car to and from the track.

So my question is, are there ways to get involved in racing without owning or building your own car? Obviously at the higher levels or stock car racing it is possible to race for a larger team or to drive someone else's car, but how to drivers get started at the entry level if owning a stock car is not a possibility?

I appreciate any input anyone might have.