Complaints about my ad's please step forward

Old 01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

That's possible but i wouldn't think the wives are doing it they could be but not likely .

And like i have said before i look forward to peoples opinions that's the only way we know how to correct a problem is if someone points it out or if they have a problem but at least go to were the problem is coming from.

she has on blue jean shorts and a top so i dont think the wives find that offensive they see it every were they go .

All i wanted to know is what is there problem just explain it to me .

hammer time and Ed voiced there opinions but neither one called Rj and I'm glad that they voiced there opinions i respect that.

I just have to wait and see what RJ's final word is on the whole deal they said that they would get back to me with there decision on what they decide to do about it.

But i didn't think any of you guy's called Rj i got way to many messages from you guy's back when this first started .

So we will see what the out come is but until then i will keep using her on my ad's so the new pic's will be ready in a few days so keep checking in and enjoy.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Ron, like I said, I think you are and honest guy trying to make a few bucks in this cut- throat business. I am not offended by your ads, I dont offend that easily...
Some other thoughts here, I dont know if you talked with a lawyer first (..I know :roll: ), but some places have laws about how models are used in ads, I mean did you pay her, did she sign a waver, what happens if those pics show up on some not so nice website, and it effects her career down the road? May cost you a big lawsuit.
Then there are always those people who have nothing better to do with their time than to be offended, and find some bottom feeding lawyer to try to get you to pay for your offending them.
And to insane4fbodys comments.... I have found over the years from personal experience, that angry/jealous wives or girlfriends, do have a big influence over were their husbands/boyfriends spend their money.

Again, no offence here, or disrespect to anyone here from me, just another point of view....
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya ed we have already been there but boy i tell you if those pic's offend people how in this world do they leave the house or turn on the TV or the news or news paper as far as that goes I'm sure you seen them pic's hell they wear that to school.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Let them complain Ron, theres no such thing as bad publicity right?
How many parts have you sold since this all begun? just in the forum? I'm thinking I need that little high torque mini starter that gal is holding for my 496 bbc
Oh yeah, does she deliver?
>< Charles
Old 01-24-2008, 07:03 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

It makes me no difference on way or the other but, my daughter drives our dragster and my wife pays the bills on the parts and she won't order parts from a place that use females in little to no clothes to advertise parts.

Steve
Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Ed,
You know I have the highest respect for you and now even more so...You stated your opinion and did not have to resort to talking anyone down that does not agree with you...

In my book you are a true gentleman... 8)
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by 3dracing
It makes me no difference on way or the other but, my daughter drives our dragster and my wife pays the bills on the parts and she won't order parts from a place that use females in little to no clothes to advertise parts.

Steve
I dont think you can call what she is wearing little to no clothes by no means.
I never thought by using a model for race parts would have caused so much problems i mean models are used for everything under the sun and now all of a sudden when i started using one on this site it has been one complaint to RJ right after another and I'm not the first to use a model on this site either they have been using them on here for years why do they have a problem with my ad's .

Are the rest of these companies having the same problems as me dont think so since it hasn't been brought up before .

I guess i have made a few upset some how and now this is there way of getting back. Just my opinion. Ron
Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

I'd like to bring up a point here.Look at the SEMA show in Vegas.How many booths for aftermarket automotive parts and equipment have models at their booths?ALOT.Do you think it hurts the business or the sales of their products throughout the year?And most of the models have next to nothing on.I wonder how many poeple go to the organizers of SEMA and complain."hey maybe next year try to clean it up some"I don't think so.I respect those who have given their opinion and they have the right to do so.I personally don't see anything wrong with the clothing or the young lady herself for that matter.I stated in another post on this topic look at the Kooks headers ad on here.Same thing.Very nice looking lady in shorts and a halter top.Keep it going Ron.I'm sure your business is growing from this.Or atleast its made you pretty popular on here.LOL
Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks Bigs i appreciate the support from all you guy's and also the opinions from everyone.

and I'm sure a lot of people dont like it but i dont think they are going to call RJ and complain about it .

Hammer time and MCraccars both said they didn't care for it but they didn't call RJ and report a complaint and i think both are stand up people for saying so and i dont have a problem with it.

I just think if it bothers a person bad enough that they need to make as many complaints as they have then get on here and tell me why it is offencive to them and try to explain to me why then maybe i can see there point of view but they are not telling me what the problem is they just keep calling RJ and making more complaints about my ad's.

Has it hurt my sales i dont really know if it has or not ?
If some has not bought from me because of my ad's i would like to hear that as well .

AS most of you guy's know before my web site was released and before i started advertising on RJ i came in here and ask for your opinions on everything i was doing so i would have some ideal what my potential customers thought and i still want to know ,

So good or bad chime in you will not hurt my feeling i will listen to all and never have a hard feeling toward a person for doing so Thanks Ron
Old 01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by etbird
I haven't been on here in awhile, and now I remember why. Boy are some people on here uptight. I mean pull the pencil out. There is nothing wrong with those adds. I use to live in Fl. and you would see that in a dept store. Keep the adds.
Hey E-bird..1st off Glad to see you back on the board...i need to say that the actions of 2 or 3 people ( THAT CALLED AND COMPLAINED TO RJ) that could or could not be part of the forum is not an accurate representation of our Forum here at RJ...most of this junk ( NOT THE POLL HERE ON THE FORUM BUT THE ANONYMOUS PHONE CAllS) has took place on the classifieds which is run seperately from us here on the forum..

also i spoke with Ron on the phone for about 2 hours tonight....

Hope to see you here more ..we have worked hard to make this forum a nice place to visit by weeding out the BS.....but no place is gonna be perfect, speacially when you have as many members as this forum has..

Thanks Brian
Yeah after I wrote that I started thinking. I hope the good peolple on here didn't take it as pointing a finger at them. I know your not uptight Lively. Thanks for the welcome back guys. I kinda miss this place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -