Scammer Alert

Old 08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Just heard from Sleeth. He's asking me for commitments now. I'm thinkin' that's a good sign (he's sweating now), but I believe that he's just searching for a way to trip me up and get out of the situation. I really believe this guy is a criminal and even if I do ship the carbs to him COD, he'll make some kind of claim that I've done something to the carbs to ruin them just to get my money back.

At this point, I believe I'm going to pack the carburetors up and send them to Patrick James (Pro Systems) for an itemized evaluation of their condition. At the very least they'll both need new throttle plate assemblies and brobably metering blocks. It's hard to believe that sand blasting hasn't ruined them. If he felt the need to abrasive blast carburetor parts he should have known to use baking soda (even that isn't real smart). Anyway, the results, along with the original ad, and the entire email string will then be forwarded to his probation officer. His current activities are almost certainly a violation of any probation conditions.

I've gotten to the point where I'd rather eat the monetary loss and let his probation officer take care of things.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstreet2055
Just heard from Sleeth. He's asking me for commitments now. I'm thinkin' that's a good sign (he's sweating now), but I believe that he's just searching for a way to trip me up and get out of the situation. I really believe this guy is a criminal and even if I do ship the carbs to him COD, he'll make some kind of claim that I've done something to the carbs to ruin them just to get my money back.

At this point, I believe I'm going to pack the carburetors up and send them to Patrick James (Pro Systems) for an itemized evaluation of their condition. At the very least they'll both need new throttle plate assemblies and brobably metering blocks. It's hard to believe that sand blasting hasn't ruined them. If he felt the need to abrasive blast carburetor parts he should have known to use baking soda (even that isn't real smart). Anyway, the results, along with the original ad, and the entire email string will then be forwarded to his probation officer. His current activities are almost certainly a violation of any probation conditions.

I've gotten to the point where I'd rather eat the monetary loss and let his probation officer take care of things.
After you notify his probation officer, send him a soap on a rope with a little carb stamped in the soap.

Scorp
Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Scorp, your suggestions always make the situation a little easier to tolerate.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:59 AM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

BEWARE! Sleeth has a 69 items for sale on EBay listed under the name USACONSIGNMENTS. This time he has a 100% feedback rating with 67 items. I really don't know how he keeps hacking their system with new names and feedback ratings, but beware.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:10 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

If you look close you will see that all those feedbacks are where he bought from someone else , not a one is where he sold to someone
Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstreet2055
BEWARE! Sleeth has a 69 items for sale on EBay listed under the name USACONSIGNMENTS. This time he has a 100% feedback rating with 67 items. I really don't know how he keeps hacking their system with new names and feedback ratings, but beware.
How is your progress in chasing him? Could you give us an update of what you can legally share?

Scorp
Old 06-22-2021, 02:51 PM
garynelson60
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by Harbone View Post
well they probably sell the "good stuff" on ebay and like in your case after the auction they just got your money and threw some junk carbs in a box. no auction, no feedback. I have heard of them on here too, shame, I live about an hour north of Decatur...
he and wife took me for 7,000 on Sunday Gary 847-483-0860