ATT: MCRACE CARS OR OTHER SHOCK GUYS

Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default ATT: MCRACE CARS OR OTHER SHOCK GUYS

Just got my shocks back from Koni....
the extended length is 19.5 and compressed is 12.5...so the ride height from mounting eye to mounting eye should be 16 inches...right ?

well here is my 2nd question,,since they replaced the rubber snubbers on my shocks (2 inches long snubbers)...should i not add 2 inches to the compressed 12.5 making it 14.5...therefore making the ride height 17 inches. :?.....the more i thought about this tonight as i put them together the more this made sense to me

if you guys figure yours different please let me hear your ways setting your up.

thanks
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Brian, I have always mounted them with about 2/3 comressed. Anywere from 15" to 14.5" bearing centers is fine. Dont worry about the snubbers, they will take care of themselves, they will compress if the shock trys to compress to much under use. If you are concerned, you can take 1/2" or so off the snubbers thick end, (not the tappered end) to give a little more clearence.
Glad to hear you got the shocks back in the 2 weeks they said.... :shock:
ed