scammer?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Nogiec
SHOW GUEST

Default scammer?

I've had 2 very similar text conversations with potential buyers today. Neither asked any questions about the items for sale, they both want to send bank checks immediately and want their shippers to pick up the item once funds clear at the bank. One wants me to pay the shipping costs out of the purchase amount but won't provide an amount ahead of time. Anyone else have similar experiences and is this some type of scam?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Total scam
ask them to call you and talk in person

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-14-2018, 01:27 AM
Nogiec
SHOW GUEST

Default Beware!

So after going back and forth over an engine with obviously some dude running some sort of scam where he wants to send me money but never asked about the part or condition and just have his shipper pick it up after funds clear at the bank and then there was some confusion mainly my end of who was paying the shipper. He starts with I have to pay his shippers out of the funds that he sends but he doesn't know how expensive the shipping will be then it transforms to he'll send additional funds to pay the shipping. I told the guy, who said his name was Mark Collins in a text because his english is really poor and he mumbles in the phone. Finally just told the guy I'm not interested and to forget it. Crazy thing, I got another text from this same phone number wanting to buy a Troyer modified I have listed. RIDICULOUS to think about how many other people these individuals are trolling out there unless I'm just that lucky that they only find me.

Scammers Phone Number
1(732)630-1319 "Mark Collins"
1(857)240-0368