Have you done a long distance trade?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
As a show of good faith, recommend that the other party ALSO either see in person or have a trusted 'friend' look YOUR rig over.
This is good advice. Did a long distance buy on a 69 Camaro about 6 years ago... deal went fine luckily. It was the shipping logistics that were very difficult!!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by HPD335
Rabbit.....181884334

No reply in email maybe he's not interested in my car :?
I have a friend that lives in Charleston WV. He's been a drag racer for years. I'll get in touch with him tonight and see if he knows anything about this car. It's a holiday weekend so he might be out of town until next week. I'll let you know what I find out. If he can help I will get you two in touch with each other so you can speak directly to him.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:14 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I already have a reply from two friends in WV. They don't know the car, but will be glad to look at it.
The car has KY plates so not sure where it may be now. If you can find out the guys name one of them can ask around and see if any of their friends know the car. If it's in Charleston WV one of them will be glad to look at it and get some good details of it for you.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

done it a couple times.ive always gone myself. nobody can see what your eyes see.if you got them open.but if you just cant go get someone you can really trust that knows cars and I mean knows cars.not a friend who luives close by but someone who KNOWS THEIR STUFF.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:53 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Have

I bought a car from Maryland and I live in Illinois. Guy met me part way. I gave him $500 up front to come and risked losing it if I did not take the car.

I had him send me 25 pictures of ever angle of the car, suspension, interior. It was complete less engine, so I did not have to take a chance on engine being bad, but did on the trans and converter.

He was a motivated seller as he was getting ready for a divorce and wanted out of the car before proceeding.

The car was better than showed in pictures, but had one bad spot in the paint that did not show up. We negotiated over that on the spot and I took the car.

That was 5 years ago and I still race this car. He has offered to buy it back too.

I previously traded a car to Texas and made the entire trip. Keep that car for 5 years too, but wish I had the my trade back as it was better. Should have not made that deal.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 AM
HPD335
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for all the info gents, I really appreciate it!

Rabbit, thank you sir for all the help you are offering, thank you to your two friends in WV as well. I emailed the guy but never got a response :?