Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Say it again . . .

Ain't it fun to learn stuff?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Indeed... RK... indeed. The annual cruise night is here... 6/1. Supposed to "850" cars (pre-74). Gonna take the Chevelle.... it will be a 2-mile loop while idling most of the time. Cars get HOT... LOAD UP... cops everywhere. Running "NET" oil this time.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:38 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

And the Northwest is supposed to be warming up for the weekend !

Scoot ! I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods July 5- 6-7 for a hill climb. Oakridge for the Larrison Rock Hillclimb. This coming THURSDAY we hit the road for Ashland and the Cascade Lakes Hillclimb on the 7-8-9
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
I don't have the oil holes in any of the roller motors, but i do, is grind a .002 X 1/16"W flat on the top side of the roller lifter in the lower half of the lifters to oil the rollers, that way the rollers get more oil.
Zip.
Me too Zip. In fact I groove half the set on the backside so both sides have the flow in the direction of the rotating assembly.

Hey, on another note. Do you remember the advertising claims of "flame hardened camshafts"? :lol:
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Me too Zip. In fact I groove half the set on the backside so both sides have the flow in the direction of the rotating assembly.

Yes Dave that's what i do also and should have said that

Hey, on another note. Do you remember the advertising claims of "flame hardened camshafts"?

Yes i remember that was an advertizment about flame hardening the cams, although i don't see how that's possible with a cast iron cam, even if it worked i would bet they had to straighten that puppy to get it in the cam bearings :lol:

Like i said in a previous post i will have some answers on the hardness issues.
I'm taking one solid lift flat tappet two roller cams an a hydraulic flat tappet cam that went flat, plus hydraulic lifters, solid flat tappet lifters and a couple sets of roller lifters, one Crower and one set of comp cams rollers. I don't know how they will test out but i will have accurate hardness, both in the rockwell scale or the burnell scale, since the cast cams will probaly be too soft for the rockwell test.

Zip.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
And the Northwest is supposed to be warming up for the weekend !

Scoot ! I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods July 5- 6-7 for a hill climb. Oakridge for the Larrison Rock Hillclimb. This coming THURSDAY we hit the road for Ashland and the Cascade Lakes Hillclimb on the 7-8-9
DD!! I know this hill climb (I think). Last time I checked into it was in the 90's & it was put on by SCCA. You will go through some pretty country. Indeed it is warming up... should be good in July too. I am an hour any from Oak Ridge. My my son & I could meet you maybe?? I will see if we have any plans that weekend. Which car are you racin?

Looking forward to hearing the results of Zips findings. It is so much more real when it comes from a racer...
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Will be racin' 'the ANIMAL' (grey car)
Old 06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
Will be racin' 'the ANIMAL' (grey car)
Very good DD. I would think you are getting pretty good at these courses & hill climbs... go tear em up buddy.