Any LT1 gurus out there??

Old 11-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Default Any LT1 gurus out there??

I have a bone stock LT1 engine with a 94 Painless harness and 94 GM computer, speed density. No MAF.

I been looking around trying to figure out the direction I would like to go with it,but it seems the majority of mods are for genI motors, or the LS motors.

Anyone know some proven packages for these motors? I was researching the Edlebrock head,cam and intake packages, but the gains did not look worth the money.

Keep in mind, my engine is swapped into a Mercury Comet, and the only things done are free flowing exhaust and an air intake elbow.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:09 PM
NascarDriver1
SHOW GUEST

You want to be looking at 94 to 96 impala ss that have that engine stock. There should be packages for them.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:26 PM
skipjobe1
SHOW GUEST

Default LT1

http://elliottsportworks.com/?page_id=53
This guy can make big power with his head cam package.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

/\ /\ Lloyd Elliott does really great LTX head work and is a close friend of mine!

Also, go to this web site to learn about the national LTX community;

http://ltxtech.com/forums/
Old 03-21-2014, 06:04 PM
proserv
SHOW GUEST

Default LT1 (Gen II V8) upgrades

Keep in mind that it doesn't take a lot of upgrades on a 1992-1997 LT1 (or any other Gen II engine) for it to be similar in cost to a LSx based engine of similar or more power. Far fewer Gen II engines were made and far fewer products exist for them. Just keep that in mind - I have seen people spend a lot on those engines only to realize that by the end they could have bought an entire Gen III or IV engine for less.

If you stick to small upgrades (camshaft etc), you can make incremental gains. Above that the $/hp ratio falls off fast.

Originally Posted by Incognegro View Post
I have a bone stock LT1 engine with a 94 Painless harness and 94 GM computer, speed density. No MAF.

I been looking around trying to figure out the direction I would like to go with it,but it seems the majority of mods are for genI motors, or the LS motors.

Anyone know some proven packages for these motors? I was researching the Edlebrock head,cam and intake packages, but the gains did not look worth the money.

Keep in mind, my engine is swapped into a Mercury Comet, and the only things done are free flowing exhaust and an air intake elbow.